xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Sep 6, 2023 - Sep 15, 2023 (9 Night Greek Isles Cruise)

Hi everyone, very early I know but wanted to encourage participation for excursion tips. This is our first cruise my partner and I, we're 69 and 46, an architect, and dahlia gardners  & avid travelers, up for all adventures, shows, snorkeling, art, and cultures.

For better pricing and smaller groups we use Viator, Shoretrips.com. Cruisingexcursions.com.

Also check the ships daily program guide for contact details.

We purchased Rick Steves book Mediterranean Cruise Ports an excellent guide for getting around Western Med.

We're arriving 2 days early and staying several days after the cruise to explore Rome better on or own and surrounding countryside. We'd love share stories, hear insights from fellow travelers about Italy, or Europe in general.

Also download and use local apps, 20210123_144309.thumb.jpg.428b3bd233d68ded324b3bf2488cf1e7.jpghere's ones for Rome.1647201138_Screenshot_20221002-090031_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.a58036935f2f17a77e797c2b7cccdb18.jpg

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Odyssey of the Seas - Sep 6, 2023 - Sep 15, 2023 (9 Night Greek Isles Cruise)
  • 2 weeks later...

We've expanded our pre and post stays in Rome, giving us 6 full days to enjoy the eternal city. All excursions have been reserved through Shore Excursions.com, Sorrento, then we got the 3 package deal, and snorkeling in Crete. Since this is our first cruise we got an Oceanview balcony unobstructed on 10th floor aft Port side. All gratuities are paid for.

20221016_170113.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, image.thumb.jpeg.af669cf7b13605014ffe164aeeb9fa41.jpeg

That's great we've relatives in New Castle, planning on visiting soon. Look forward to meeting you, we're on 10th floor more aft. We've booked 6 excursions via the RCCL app. Still havn't  booked air of course, we did get our $50 discount via Bank of America, I think we're supposed to actually get two of them. I did see on google flights this morning that air from Spokane to Rome was $694/RT, which is awesome but we'll see what comes after the new year. We've had a huge storm lots of snow, Gonz made a polar bear, with cub in the backyard. I should attach a picture.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We are 3 couple friend and family . We are arriving at Rome on the Sept. 4th , I (Marlene) booked a tour by train from Rome to Pompeii for the day . We are staying covering all Rome on the last day the 15th since we have to return home the 16th. I have coordinated all my booking already for the group. For all the ports. Let me know if you need assistances. Also booked the car to pick us up from Airport and the car that needs to take us to the Chivateara port on the 6th of Sept. The drive is an hour away. Bon Buoyage to all. 🙂

• 3 months later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Sep 6, 2023 - Sep 15, 2023 (9 Night Greek Isles Cruise)