Guaranteed Rooms connected?

We just booked a last minute cruise.  We requested connected rooms, which were available, but we went with the Gnty room instead of paying $200 extra to choose our own.

Check in was easy to do on the app, but Does anyone know how long till they assign our room?  And can we request connected rooms if they aren't?

I've seen posts on this and other forum's that have said guarantee rooms can be assigned as early as month's before, and as late as your sailing day. Keep checking every day to see if your cabin is assigned. If and when it shows up and you don't like it you can call Royal (or your travel agent) up and see if it could be changed. I've done guarantee rooms twice before. The first time it was assigned to me was around 3 months before the cruise and I was able to change it to another available room in the same assigned category at no cost. The second time it was just a few weeks before, but I was happy with the room they gave me.

I just did a guarantee room for a sailing that is 40 days out now.  I did check in at 45 days and was surprised to see I had a room assignment in an improved category.  

One thing to note… if a connected room is important to you, it might be worth the money to select your stateroom. These have a tendency to go faster than non-connected. 

4 hours ago, Gillian WV said:

We just booked a last minute cruise.  We requested connected rooms, which were available, but we went with the Gnty room instead of paying $200 extra to choose our own.

Check in was easy to do on the app, but Does anyone know how long till they assign our room?  And can we request connected rooms if they aren't?

Once your cabin is assigned, you can call and request to change it to any available room in the exact same category as the assigned room.  (Keep in mind the category is going to be more specific than Inside or Oceanview.  There are actually quite a few categories within those broader designations.)  The odds of getting connected rooms when doing a guarantee booking are not high.  Especially considering you may not be assigned until very close to the sailing date and ships are sailing full these days so 2 available rooms next to each other is a hard thing to find.

3 hours ago, bobroo said:

All 'ya alls know any two adjoining rooms with their balcony partition open is preferable in many, many ways to some "connected rooms" designation, right???

@bobroo good point!!

I have also been noticing when booking on line if you ask for 2 rooms, they seem to be pricing you more for that option than for 2 separate rooms.  At least I have seen some of that recently while doing pricing exercises.  Would make business sense, do to the limited number of connecting cabins at times where both are still open to book.

19 hours ago, TessOR said:

I just did a guarantee room for a sailing that is 40 days out now.  I did check in at 45 days and was surprised to see I had a room assignment in an improved category.  

One thing to note… if a connected room is important to you, it might be worth the money to select your stateroom. These have a tendency to go faster than non-connected. 

Which sailing are you on if you don't mind. I am 41 days out and did my check in literally at midnight of the 45th day out, i currently cant see my setsail pass or luggage tags, which i have seen is an issue for a lot of people on the boards. 

10 hours ago, LJay0301 said:

Which sailing are you on if you don't mind. I am 41 days out and did my check in literally at midnight of the 45th day out, i currently cant see my setsail pass or luggage tags, which i have seen is an issue for a lot of people on the boards. 

I’m on Navigator 11/11 sailing. Have you tried looking for your set sail pass in the app?  There were some people in our group that had to uninstall and reinstall the app to update it and be able to do the last health check in steps and see their set sail pass. Luggage tags will not show until 30 days from sailing. 

On 10/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, LJay0301 said:

We are doing October 31- Nov 4 on Freedom.  27 days out.  our sail pass updated to Deck 8, but stateroom still says Gty.  The luggage tags are still blank.   I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it changes.

Fingers and toes crossed, but we will have fun either way.  Just take turns with our 6 year old, who is a handful.

On 10/3/2022 at 7:59 AM, bobroo said:

All 'ya alls know any two adjoining rooms with their balcony partition open is preferable in many, many ways to some "connected rooms" designation, right???

I'd LOVE to have side by side balcony rooms.  We had a spacious balcony last May and it was so great.  I almost cried when i saw the interior room tour.  But ditching the kids was not an option and we prioitized two bathrooms over a beautiful view.  

And we booked this as a spur of the moment trip, when the price hit $141 for 4 nights, we just pulled the trigger.  I hope being on the boat at all outweighs the cramped rooms.  

On 10/3/2022 at 6:32 AM, TXcruzer said:

Of connected rooms are important, I would have paid the extra $200, I think the odds of it happening with GTY rate are very slim. 

fingers crossed 

I know, it was just so last minute, and with Christmas looming, an extra $200 felt like a deal breaker.    I will definitely plan better in the future.  Luckily we don't have babies, and we can hand off our 6 year old like a hot potato.  

On 10/3/2022 at 4:59 AM, bobroo said:

@bobroo Tell me more! How does this work? Do they unlock the balcony divider wall and leave it fully open the whole cruise as if it wasn’t there? Or do they unlock it where you can still close it and get some privacy whenever you want? 

9 hours ago, Tjones said:

@bobroo Tell me more! How does this work? Do they unlock the balcony divider wall and leave it fully open the whole cruise as if it wasn’t there? Or do they unlock it where you can still close it and get some privacy whenever you want? 

the few times I had the balcony unlocked it did not retract "all the way".  It is more of a bifold door, so we could not see each other on the balcony unless we stood closer to the rail or moved our chairs closer to the rail.  

Ok, quick update, If you add your set sail pass to your Apple Wallet, the barcode at the bottom shows your room number.  the last 4 digits past the dash.

bummer, not only are we not conntected, he is in th Aft and I am in the tippy tip front.  I'll give 'em a call and see if we can pay to be closer and if we can swing it.  Still, not a deal breaker, it's better to be on the ship than not at all!!