Why the 70's music ALL the time on the Explorer?

Sandya

I found it very annoying to listen to the same 70's music all the time.... Around the ship, at Windjammer and at Promenade. Same songs all day long.

They even had a 70's show/parade one night.

I was told that they do this because of the place that is sails from, they cater to that kind of people, but not everyone is from NJ!!

Yikes! Then I will add it to my list of "maybe not this ship"

What about the ships that sail from Port Canaveral or Miami?...do you know?

I suggest you try Oasis or Allure out of Ft. Lauderdale. Those are my two favorites and i found they play a variety of music and there is so much to do and so many places to eat and hang out that the music is not even the main focus. 

I suggest you try Oasis or Allure out of Ft. Lauderdale. Those are my two favorites and i found they play a variety of music and there is so much to do and so many places to eat and hang out that the music is not even the main focus.

Thanks for the suggestion...I found our ship lacking of things to do so the music got to me.

That is why I was wondering about other ships. I think the bigger ships are better for some many reasons.

I will consider Oasis or Allure!

On Navigator they play nothing but country music for the same reason.

And not everyone in Texas listens to country. I like some of it (not the really new stuff that's not so country), but I wouldn't want to hear it all the time. Carnival Magic played a variety of music, including country, but it seemed like most of their shows were 70's also.

Thanks for the suggestion...I found our ship lacking of things to do so the music got to me.

That is why I was wondering about other ships. I think the bigger ships are better for some many reasons.

I will consider Oasis or Allure!

Yea I find that the bigger newer ships are much better! I have been on 18 Royal Caribbean cruises and two weeks ago I just came back from one of their old boats Vision of the Seas. I have decided I will never go on such an old boat again. It was just to boring and not enough to do but i do recommend Freedom class ships, oasis class ships, and Quantum looks like it will be amazing! 

Yea I find that the bigger newer ships are much better! I have been on 18 Royal Caribbean cruises and two weeks ago I just came back from one of their old boats Vision of the Seas. I have decided I will never go on such an old boat again. It was just to boring and not enough to do but i do recommend Freedom class ships, oasis class ships, and Quantum looks like it will be amazing!

Oh, good! Someone else feels the same (I though it was me) ... The ship it self is well taking care of, clean and beautiful. The decoration was also fantastic but with 4 days at sea we were really bored.

I won't even talk about the food since it was such a disappoint as well. More reason to think that ships with more places to eat would have better food.

Oh, good! Someone else feels the same (I though it was me) ... The ship it self is well taking care of, clean and beautiful. The decoration was also fantastic but with 4 days at sea we were really bored.

I won't even talk about the food since it was such a disappoint as well. More reason to think that ships with more places to eat would have better food.

Yes I can tell you first hand that Oasis class ships have much better quality of food and food choices. Some people mind having to pay for specialty restaurants and I understand why but for me I don't mind paying alittle bit extra for what I consider to be better quality food,service, and ambiance. For instance I really enjoy eating at chops grille on oasis because its located in central park and they actually have outdoor seating where you can over look the park which I find beautiful and relaxing. Same with Giovanni's table. I am scheduled to go on Quantum this coming March and I have to tell you all the food choices really look good and like they are tring to step up their game. So give Oasis or Allure a try and see what you think. I just think they also have much better callibur of shows and entertainment so all around a better cruise experience. 

I sailed out of Port Can 3x, on 2 different ships headed to the Bahamas.

I never noticed a theme. Yes, they had the 70's/disco nite when they did a great show with staff. But to me, it seemed like there was a ride range of music played in different areas at different times during the cruise.

I noticed the same... They cater to taste, age, location etc. On Radiance on our recent long B2B cruise the age group was pretty old and the 70's music seemed to be what made people get involved so at all the parties 70's, 80's, white party and island night (even in the nightclub) the same tracks were played over and over.

I sailed out of Port Can 3x, on 2 different ships headed to the Bahamas.

I never noticed a theme. Yes, they had the 70's/disco nite when they did a great show with staff. But to me, it seemed like there was a ride range of music played in different areas at different times during the cruise.

Same. On Freedom and Oasis there wasn't a distinct theme. Just a blend of pop hits, oldies and other genres of music.  It's probably why on Navigator (Galveston) and Jewel (San Juan) I could pick up on distinct musical themes.

Really?  My experience last spring was that it was old 80s music, all the time.  So much so my 7 year old son can recite the lyrics to old REO Speedwagon tunes he's never heard at home.

I'm in the Caribbean - I want Caribbean-style music!