Barbados, St. Kitts & St. Lucia - excursion questions

pnk

My mom and I are finally going on our rescheduled March 2020 cruise next month! After the pandemic and family medical emergencies causing us to cancel the first three times, we're saying 4th time is the charm. 😉 We will be on Voyager OTS and would love your opinions on excursions for these islands:

Barbados - we have been once before and went to Harrison Caves.  It rained the whole day (so a good day to be in the caves!) but didn't get to explore Bridgetown.  We are wondering if there is enough to see/do in Bridgetown (just planning on walking or taking a taxi from the port)? If not, we would probably book a beach day excursion.

St. Kitts - I have seen many people post about the railway tour and how much they loved it! We have been to St. Kitts previously, and did a tour of the island (not the railway) so we decided to take a water taxi to Nevis and do a tour over there this time.  But, for how much we have seen people post about the railway tour, we are second guessing our decision.  Since we've already done a bus tour, would you still recommend the railway tour (and picking that over a day trip to Nevis)?

St. Lucia - has anyone been to the open air market, maybe a mile or so outside of the port? Just looking to get more information about it.  We were going to head to Marigot Bay for the day, but my mom really wanted to check out the market... so just trying to prioritize our time.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions/experiences! We appreciate it!

Let’s hope it’s a “go” for you this time !

While I am glad we did it, we found the St Kitts railway to be too long.  It was interesting and provided beautiful scenery, it just went on and on and on….

Speaking of pouring rain, the day we did the railway it was pouring and we got soaked just before boarding which may have had something to do with our angst. 😇🤗

Again….worth doing, just be prepared for a long trip.  Enjoy whatever you decide to do !

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Let’s hope it’s a “go” for you this time !

While I am glad we did it, we found the St Kitts railway to be too long.  It was interesting and provided beautiful scenery, it just went on and on and on….

Speaking of pouring rain, the day we did the railway it was pouring and we got soaked just before boarding which may have had something to do with our angst. 😇🤗

Again….worth doing, just be prepared for a long trip.  Enjoy whatever you decide to do !

I noticed it said that the excursion was 3 hrs... which does seem long! Thank you!!