How to Book at Shuttle from Venice to Ravenna and how to find the Shuttle

On 10/13/2022 at 1:37 PM, Linda R said:

I just returned from a cruise out of Ravenna.  We went to Venice and stayed 5 days prior to the cruise.  I booked a water taxi online to take us from hotel in Venice to transit center to get our bus by RC to Ravenna.   It is closer to book your RC shuttle bus from Tronchetta transit area than the airport in my opinion.  Was easy.  The water taxi took us right next to where the buses left and was very short walk.  After cruise we also took RC shuttle bus back to Marco Polo airport.  Then took a  taxi  (about 10  Euro) to a hotel in area.   And same thing back to airport the next day.  Was easy and inexpensive.  The hotels can also arrange your transfers for you, our hotel charged 7 euro for transportation to/from airport.   I did not have a flight, going or coming, that was same day as cruise.  That is not necessary.  My travel agent booked the RC shuttles for us. 

I did not want to have to deal with my luggage for any distance and this all worked out perfect.  The ride to Ravenna took about 3 hours, but ride back took 2 hours.  Maybe it was the time of day? 

Linda,

Thank you for your input. We are staying in San Marco, Venice. We plan on having our hotel take us to our hotel when we arrive in Venice. Are you saying your hotel arranged for you to get to the Tronchetta transit area on the day of your cruise too? Or did you have to arrange for the water taxi? We plan on taking the shuttle to the airport after our cruise and have arranged that with RC. Thank you again.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:37 PM, Linda R said:

I just returned from a cruise out of Ravenna.  We went to Venice and stayed 5 days prior to the cruise.  I booked a water taxi online to take us from hotel in Venice to transit center to get our bus by RC to Ravenna.   It is closer to book your RC shuttle bus from Tronchetta transit area than the airport in my opinion.  Was easy.  The water taxi took us right next to where the buses left and was very short walk.  After cruise we also took RC shuttle bus back to Marco Polo airport.  Then took a  taxi  (about 10  Euro) to a hotel in area.   And same thing back to airport the next day.  Was easy and inexpensive.  The hotels can also arrange your transfers for you, our hotel charged 7 euro for transportation to/from airport.   I did not have a flight, going or coming, that was same day as cruise.  That is not necessary.  My travel agent booked the RC shuttles for us. 

I did not want to have to deal with my luggage for any distance and this all worked out perfect.  The ride to Ravenna took about 3 hours, but ride back took 2 hours.  Maybe it was the time of day? 

You can call air-to-seas 1.844.278.9745, they will set you up from the cruise ship to Tronchetta transit or to Marco Pollo. We are paying round trip $103per person to do Tranchetto transit to Ravenna to embark, then disembark from cruise to Marco Pollo. 

On 10/19/2022 at 9:43 PM, FManke said:

Just got back Mon from Greek Isle cruise. The shuttle from Venice to Ravenna was easy as stated above. Shuttle buses picked you up from the Tronchetta transit station. This was less than a 10min walk from our hotel, the Hotel Moresco. It is a fantastic hotel near the Pizzale Roma area. All Vaporetto, or water buses make stops here so it is very convenient getting around Venice this way. If you are staying anywhere around there, I suggest hiring a luggage porter to help you with your bags, especially if they are on the big size. It was only 5 Euros a bag and well worth it. We booked the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna with our TA, but needed to book the shuttle from Ravenna to the airport in Bologna on the ship. RC would not book that ahead. TA wasn't sure why. We had issues with our flight out of Bologna, which we knew ahead of time, so we would up taking a car instead to airport. If anybody has any other specific questions I might be able to help with, feel free to send me a private message and I'll do my best to answer your questions. 

Happy Cruising!

I’ve just been on the Phone to RC trying to book Marco Polo to ship and then ship to Bologna. I got told they can only book you on Venice to Ravenna or Bologna to Ravenna! You can’t mix them. The rep spent 90 mins trying to do it for me but said it was impossible. I really don’t understand why it can’t be done! Anyone know how I can book ship back to Bologna after the cruise ends? Or any other way to get to Bologna. We are staying there for a few days before heading home 

13 hours ago, Emily from Washington said:

We are looking for a hotel in Venice, Italy near the Tronchetto Bus Station. AC Hotel is super expensive and Hotel Moresco is sold out. Would love some suggestions.  Thank you!

I'm sorry to hear that the Hotel Moresco was sold out. We stayed there in Oct and it was fantastic.

12 hours ago, Emily from Washington said:

Does anyone know if RC offers the shuttle from Tronchetto to Ravenna every day or just cruise days? Looking to fly into Venice early and also spend a few days in Ravenna before the cruise.  Thanks in advance!!

The shuttle only runs on cruise day as it is offered by RC specifically to get you to the ship. If you want to go to Ravenna early, you'll have to find your own transportation. A lot of people took the train. If you need a suggestion where to stay in Ravenna may I suggest M Club De Luxe B&B. It's right in town close to everything. Fantastic!

Happy Cruising!

14 hours ago, Helena 13 said:

I’ve just been on the Phone to RC trying to book Marco Polo to ship and then ship to Bologna. I got told they can only book you on Venice to Ravenna or Bologna to Ravenna! You can’t mix them. The rep spent 90 mins trying to do it for me but said it was impossible. I really don’t understand why it can’t be done! Anyone know how I can book ship back to Bologna after the cruise ends? Or any other way to get to Bologna. We are staying there for a few days before heading home 

I'm not sure why either but we had our TA book us from Venice to Ravenna and was told we had to book the Ravenna to Bologna shuttle once we got on board. 

Happy Cruising!

I don’t see why RCI cannot book you on two separate coach transfers as there is a coach travelling to and from each airport, Venice and Bologna, on cruise days. Two separate transfers should not be very difficult for to arrange. We are flying in and out of Bologna and our travel agent recently arranged for RCI to add our coach transfers for two B2B cruises. We travel to the ship on 17th September and depart after our second cruise on 1st October.

20 hours ago, Emily from Washington said:

Does anyone know if RC offers the shuttle from Tronchetto to Ravenna every day or just cruise days? Looking to fly into Venice early and also spend a few days in Ravenna before the cruise.  Thanks in advance!!

RC only does cruise day pick ups. Taking the train is easy to access and affordable. 

On 2/3/2023 at 7:20 PM, Helena 13 said:

Is it possible they were trying to book round trip and that’s why it wasn’t working?  Maybe call back and ask gif the keg you couldn’t get.  Or, as someone else said it might have to be booked onboard, in which case that’s the first thing I’d do. 

hi there, can someone tell me if the RC shuttle can return to Venice Treviso airport instead of Marco polo airport?  Also how much is the RC Shuttle from Tronchetta transit returning to airport? I am hearing different prices from travel agent and RC.

thanks

13 hours ago, Ness said:

hi there, can someone tell me if the RC shuttle can return to Venice Treviso airport instead of Marco polo airport?  Also how much is the RC Shuttle from Tronchetta transit returning to airport? I am hearing different prices from travel agent and RC.

thanks

As far as I know the shuttle only runs to Marco Polo Airport. That was the only airport option last Oct. And it doesn't run from Tronchetta to the airport. Just to and from Marco Polo Airport to the port in Ravenna or to and from Tronchetta to the port in Ravenna, as far as Venice is concerned.

Am i better off getting a private transfer company, as my flight on the 9th July is from Venice Treviso to Malta at 1250pm. Does anyone know of affordable transfer companies. I really wished I booked my cruise from Rome now. 

Speaking to RC has been so hard to deal with. They are telling me the shuttle buses are booked out. But I am not sure id that is correct.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:58 PM, Ness said:

thanks

Try Discovery Tours. They were excellent in Rome. We used them for all of our tours and any transportation we needed for our Rome cruise. 

3 hours ago, Debra haddad said:

Hi, thinking of booking an RC cruise in July leaving from Ravenna - does anyone know what time you have to be on the cruise please?   Also what is the best way of travelling from Bologna to Ravenna, ie train, bus or shuttle and relevant prices please?  Thank you in advance! Debra

Normally, you need to be onboard at least 3 hours before the ship sets sail. On our September cruises (b2b) the ship departs Ravenna at 7:00pm, so we need to be onboard before 4:00pm.

Regarding the trip from Bologna to the ship, we have booked the RCI coach transfer from the airport (BLQ) to Ravenna and return at the end of the cruise. Our TA arranged this directly with RCI. £37 per person each way.

Hope that helps.

On 2/3/2023 at 4:20 PM, Helena 13 said:

There is a train from Ravenna to Bologna. Perhaps you can take a RC transfer to the Ravenna station? The train is direct and takes about 1 hour 10 min (It looks like it is about $20 for 2 people). I'm probably getting to the port by train from Florence through Bologna. I'm trying to get to Venice (Tronchetta) after the cruise. I haven't called RC about it yet though. Seems like Ravenna to Venice by train (with one train change in Bologna) is $60 for 2 adult/2 kids. The RC transfer to Ravenna station (I think) is 10 euros a person. Not sure if it is just worth it to pay for a RC transfer if they go to the Tronchetta afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jayKay74 said:

Hi

Sailing Sept 2023.

Any opinions on whether staying in airport accommodation is wiser than trekking into Venice? Our flight lands 6.30pm the night before the cruise.... I think we just don't have time?

TIA

We are sailing out of Ravenna in October of this year. 

Our flight gets in to Venice at 1830 as well.   We have a room booked at the Courtyard Venice Airport for that night.   The next day we will unhurriedly make our way to Ravenna via the train.  We have two nights booked at a B&B in Ravenna.  The owner of the B&B has already been in contact with us, and we’ve reserved a ride to the port through him.

We chose the Courtyard because we know we’ll be exhausted after our first ever transatlantic flight, it’s close to the airport, and we had Marriott points we could use.

On 3/4/2023 at 12:36 AM, jayKay74 said:

Hi

Sailing Sept 2023.

Any opinions on whether staying in airport accommodation is wiser than trekking into Venice? Our flight lands 6.30pm the night before the cruise.... I think we just don't have time?

TIA

How are you getting to Ravenna? Shuttle leaving from the airport or Tronchetta? Train? This all plays into your decision.

Happy Cruising!

I see a lot of comments on a "shuttle" from the Port at Ravenna to the Venice Marco Polo airport. I just spoke with an RCI representative who indicated they could not arrange a shuttle to the Venice Marco Polo airport.  We are taking the shuttle from city Center(sola Nova del Tronchetto) to the port but want to return to the airport after the cruise.  How do I contact the shuttle Ravenna to Marco Polo airport?

4 hours ago, Redmutt said:

I see a lot of comments on a "shuttle" from the Port at Ravenna to the Venice Marco Polo airport. I just spoke with an RCI representative who indicated they could not arrange a shuttle to the Venice Marco Polo airport.  We are taking the shuttle from city Center(sola Nova del Tronchetto) to the port but want to return to the airport after the cruise.  How do I contact the shuttle Ravenna to Marco Polo airport?

First, welcome to the blog!

That's news to me as we just got back from that same cruise in Oct. They offered two different shuttles. One to and from Nova del Trochetto to the port in Ravenna and the other one to and from the Marco Polo Airport. I can't believe that they would have stopped the airport shuttle, unless there wasn't the demand for that one, assuming most people come in a day ahead. Maybe they didn't understand your question? Seems pretty straight forward to me. I would try calling RC again and see if you get the same answer. It wouldn't be the first time that two different customer service agents gave two different answers. 

Happy Cruising!

Hello everyone. I am coming to Venice in July and we have a cruise to catch from Ravenna Port. I am with a 12 year old daughter with luggage and feeling very nervous about this. What's the easiest way to go from Venice airport to my hotel (Hotel Montacarlo) and then back to the airport and to Ravenna? I really appreciate your help. Private transfers seem to be in the 500 euro range which is too expensive.

Have you thought about taking the bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma then a vaporetto from there to your hotel?

There are directions on taking the vaporetto from Piazzale Roma to the hotel on their website. 
https://www.venicehotelmontecarlo.com/en/how-to-get-here/

There are a couple different buses that run from the airport to Piazzale Roma.   One is a non-stop  

As far as getting to Ravenna, I’ve read that a lot of people have caught the shuttle from Tronchetto.   We are taking the regional train down ourselves in October because we have the time and desire to do so.   We are spending the night before our cruise in Ravenna.

16 minutes ago, teddy said:

As far as getting to Ravenna, I’ve read that a lot of people have caught the shuttle from Tronchetto.   We are taking the regional train down ourselves in October, but we have the time and desire to do so.

Tronchetto is close to Piazzale Roma.  You could take the vaporetto from your hotel to there then take the people mover to the Tronchetto shuttle meeting place rather than go back to the airport.  

I read many of the posts & can understand the frustration of some.  Some suggestions from someone in this industry for many years; which, of course you can take or leave, your option.  For those of you that do not use an experienced travel advisor, you are doing yourself a disservice.  When you have problems, they can cut through the chase and get everything taken care of for you.  Your cost will be no higher.  You would be surprised the amount of information a good agent will give you, take care of all these details for you, and solve problems you may encounter.  They do this every day.  I do emphasize "EXPERIENCED."  How do you find out?  Ask them tough questions and judge by their answers.  All of the cruise lines lost many of THEIR experienced workers while the industry was shut down.  Things are better now, but not always perfect and once in a while you may not get a right answer; although, they are trying very hard, they are!  An experienced travel advisor/agent KNOWS when he/she is getting a correct answer, or not!  With large cruise ships not allowed in Venice waters any longer; that is the reason the ships now dock in Ravena.  Travel does create anxiety because most do not travel often; but, do try to relax, give some of the responsibility over to someone else.  You will be glad you did.  Happy Cruising!!!!

15 hours ago, DORIS IN South Florida said:

I did forget to mention that trains in Italy; sometimes, do go on strike at the drop of a hat; YES, it does happen. 

This did happen on our trip in Oct, leaving cruisers scrambling to find an alternative from Ravenna back to Venice after the cruise.

Happy Cruising!

3 hours ago, NP Tomlinson said:

Hi, can you tell me whether the pick up is on the port side of the people mover or the city side? Thanks

Welcome NP Tomlinson!

The buses pick up at the port side of the people mover. They're right on your left as you get to the exit at bottom of the escalator. There will be somebody their checking names and directing you to the buses. At least that was our experience.

Happy Cruising!

On 1/28/2023 at 10:24 AM, FManke said:

We just took the exact shuttle last Oct. There were actually 2 full buses worth of people. Not sure why they would have stopped it. It was a paid service as well. No free shuttle to or  from Venice. That was only the the first year after they moved the cruise port from Venice to Ravenna.

Happy Cruising!

Can you tell me the name of the hotel you stayed at if you can recommend it.  thanks

2 hours ago, MLH said:

Can you tell me the name of the hotel you stayed at if you can recommend it.  thanks

We stayed at the Hotel Moresco.  Its less than a 10min wak to the people mover. I can highly recommend it. It was fantastic. 

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

we are booked on the Venice cruise from Raveena at end of July. 
we are going to amalfi coast (Pariano) after the cruise for a few days. 
Does anyone know what time the RCL cruise shuttle gets back To Venice airport on the day the cruise gets back?

i think we will take a train to Naples from the airport and just trying to figure out the timing for tickets. 

thanks so much!