How to Book at Shuttle from Venice to Ravenna and how to find the Shuttle

NOTE: Check out our Venice to Ravenna cruise port guide

In trying to book a shuttle from Venice to Ravenna, I have been extremely frustrated by the lack of information about the process, the shuttle itself and other details.  I wanted to share the information to save someone else hours on the phone with Royal Caribbean.

1.  If you booked your cruise directly with Royal Caribbean, you can call in to book the shuttle.  The only way to book the shuttle is to call in.  There is no way to do it online or via the app.

2.  If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, you have to book through your agency.  They will actually have to call Royal Caribbean and book the shuttles on your behalf.  Be forewarned that this process can take a very long time because the RC wait times are long.

3.  There are two options for where to pick up the shuttle.  If you are flying in the same day, you can get a shuttle from Marco Polo airport.  Maybe someone else can chime in about this but I was told by a RC rep that only people flying in on the day the shuttle departs for Ravenna can book on the shuttle that leaves from the airport.

4.  There is a shuttle that leaves from the Venice transportation hub, Tronchetto.   The shuttle leaves at 11 am and arrives in Ravenna around 2 pm (it is a 3 hour trip from Venice to the Ravenna port.  You have to meet the cruise representative no later than 10:30.  When I booked the shuttle, I was told to meet the representative at 9 am, but apparently this information was wrong.

5.  Tronchetto is a huge place.  The location where you will meet the cruise representative is at the Tronchetto People Mover Station Arrivals area on the Ground Floor.  33, Isola Nuova del Tronchetto 30135 Venezia.

6.  If you book the shuttle at sometime after your initial booking, you may need to call in to your tour agency or to the Royal Caribbean travel agency customer service area to ask for your Edocs.  I did not receive Edocs from RC that had the updated shuttle information, which is why all of the above was news to me.  If you get your Edocs from RC via email, you will find information about the shuttle service you booked on pages 19 & 20 of the package.

2 hours ago, Susan from Atlanta said:

4.  There is a shuttle that leaves from the Venice transportation hub, Tronchetto.   The shuttle leaves at 11 am and arrives in Ravenna around 2 pm (it is a 3 hour trip from Venice to the Ravenna port.  You have to meet the cruise representative no later than 10:30.  When I booked the shuttle, I was told to meet the representative at 9 am, but apparently this information was wrong.

My e-docs from RC say meet at 8:30 and transfer will leave promptly at 9:00.

Happy Cruising!

Just to clarify there are two departures 9am and 11am it was easy to do. We booked the shuttle out from venice and return to Bologna will NEVER do that again.

Our voucher never stated the outward journey despite lots of calls to RC. 

The Tronchetto people mover runs from the Piazzale Roma, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy is easy to use it's 1.50 and it's only two stops there are about 20 people with clipboards from all different cruise lines so you have to guess which one is RC. They were all wearing Trumpy (yes, i laughed)  tours t-shirts.

The bus had airco and we stopped about 2 hours in for a 10 minute loo stop. 

We were returning to Bologna but on RC ships system it was venice. Lucky I had my voucher with me which said Bologna as the CS were insisting on Venice. 

Bologna is much closer so for all you wanting to do Brilliance choose Bologna airport if you can. There is a handy monorail from the station to the airport. 

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding point #3. I was told by a RCL repersentative that if we fly in a day or two before the cruise, we can return to the airport on the day of the cruise and book a shuttle. Now this might depend on whom you speak with. My trip is not until 7/2023 and I am already working on this as it seems like a pain, especially since the cruise port is over 2 hrs away from the airport. Trying to find a hotel in Venice that will possibly take us back to the airport. Need to find out where the shuttle will pick up at the airport. 

I just returned from a cruise out of Ravenna.  We went to Venice and stayed 5 days prior to the cruise.  I booked a water taxi online to take us from hotel in Venice to transit center to get our bus by RC to Ravenna.   It is closer to book your RC shuttle bus from Tronchetta transit area than the airport in my opinion.  Was easy.  The water taxi took us right next to where the buses left and was very short walk.  After cruise we also took RC shuttle bus back to Marco Polo airport.  Then took a  taxi  (about 10  Euro) to a hotel in area.   And same thing back to airport the next day.  Was easy and inexpensive.  The hotels can also arrange your transfers for you, our hotel charged 7 euro for transportation to/from airport.   I did not have a flight, going or coming, that was same day as cruise.  That is not necessary.  My travel agent booked the RC shuttles for us. 

I did not want to have to deal with my luggage for any distance and this all worked out perfect.  The ride to Ravenna took about 3 hours, but ride back took 2 hours.  Maybe it was the time of day? 

Just got back Mon from Greek Isle cruise. The shuttle from Venice to Ravenna was easy as stated above. Shuttle buses picked you up from the Tronchetta transit station. This was less than a 10min walk from our hotel, the Hotel Moresco. It is a fantastic hotel near the Pizzale Roma area. All Vaporetto, or water buses make stops here so it is very convenient getting around Venice this way. If you are staying anywhere around there, I suggest hiring a luggage porter to help you with your bags, especially if they are on the big size. It was only 5 Euros a bag and well worth it. We booked the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna with our TA, but needed to book the shuttle from Ravenna to the airport in Bologna on the ship. RC would not book that ahead. TA wasn't sure why. We had issues with our flight out of Bologna, which we knew ahead of time, so we would up taking a car instead to airport. If anybody has any other specific questions I might be able to help with, feel free to send me a private message and I'll do my best to answer your questions. 

Happy Cruising!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, Linda R said:

I just returned from a cruise out of Ravenna.  We went to Venice and stayed 5 days prior to the cruise.  I booked a water taxi online to take us from hotel in Venice to transit center to get our bus by RC to Ravenna.   It is closer to book your RC shuttle bus from Tronchetta transit area than the airport in my opinion.  Was easy.  The water taxi took us right next to where the buses left and was very short walk.  After cruise we also took RC shuttle bus back to Marco Polo airport.  Then took a  taxi  (about 10  Euro) to a hotel in area.   And same thing back to airport the next day.  Was easy and inexpensive.  The hotels can also arrange your transfers for you, our hotel charged 7 euro for transportation to/from airport.   I did not have a flight, going or coming, that was same day as cruise.  That is not necessary.  My travel agent booked the RC shuttles for us. 

I did not want to have to deal with my luggage for any distance and this all worked out perfect.  The ride to Ravenna took about 3 hours, but ride back took 2 hours.  Maybe it was the time of day? 

We took the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna and here's how it worked. We showed up at the designated meeting place. There were representatives waiting who took our names. We boarded our assigned bus and when it was full, we were on our way. 

Happy Cruising!

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, Linda R said:

Hi Linda! 
Question for you, what website did you use to book the water taxi and roughly how much did you all pay for how many people? I will be staying at Hotel Rialto and it seems that a water taxi is my primary option to get to the shuttle at the Tronchetto city center area. Super nervous about all of this hoping to have this all figured out before my trip this May.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:50 AM, Cooper0309 said:

Can someone explain how the shuttle works? Does the shuttle sit and wait for it to be filled? We are sailing out of Ravenna in 2023 and are taking our baby and trying to make it as painless as possible but this whole transportation situation is giving us a lot of anxiety.

Don't worry about it. Just send one of you on with the baby the other will drop the cases with the driver. He puts them all on the bus. There were 3 busses when we were there. Only very small issue was the 30 minute wait once we got there as the other 2 buses beat us to the port and there was limited space at the port for all the covid checks. Of course this might have improved now they are not required. But don't worry about the transfer it's well run. 

7 hours ago, Chels1103 said:

Hi Linda! 
Question for you, what website did you use to book the water taxi and roughly how much did you all pay for how many people? I will be staying at Hotel Rialto and it seems that a water taxi is my primary option to get to the shuttle at the Tronchetto city center area. Super nervous about all of this hoping to have this all figured out before my trip this May.

That is the hotel we stayed at, Hotel Rialto.  Fabulous location.  Can walk anywhere.   We got a private taxi boat from airport to hotel and then another private water taxi from hotel to Tronchetto.. I cannot remember the name of water taxi co. right  now, but will try and look it up.  But.....it was the one recommended by Hotel Rialto when I emailed them about transportation.  So you might try contacting them.   There were 4 in our party and I think it was about $175 each way.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:43 PM, FManke said:

Just got back Mon from Greek Isle cruise. The shuttle from Venice to Ravenna was easy as stated above. Shuttle buses picked you up from the Tronchetta transit station. This was less than a 10min walk from our hotel, the Hotel Moresco. It is a fantastic hotel near the Pizzale Roma area. All Vaporetto, or water buses make stops here so it is very convenient getting around Venice this way. If you are staying anywhere around there, I suggest hiring a luggage porter to help you with your bags, especially if they are on the big size. It was only 5 Euros a bag and well worth it. We booked the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna with our TA, but needed to book the shuttle from Ravenna to the airport in Bologna on the ship. RC would not book that ahead. TA wasn't sure why. We had issues with our flight out of Bologna, which we knew ahead of time, so we would up taking a car instead to airport. If anybody has any other specific questions I might be able to help with, feel free to send me a private message and I'll do my best to answer your questions. 

Happy Cruising!

How do you book the shuttle please? Is there a website or app. We're cruising from Ravenna on 25 May and staying in Venice the night before,  but would like to have the transfer arrangements booked sooner rather than later. 

Thanks in advance 

John

1 hour ago, John K said:

How do you book the shuttle please? Is there a website or app. We're cruising from Ravenna on 25 May and staying in Venice the night before,  but would like to have the transfer arrangements booked sooner rather than later. 

Thanks in advance 

John

We booked ours through our TA, but I think you can just call RC direct.

Happy Cruising!

14 hours ago, GLen23 said:

Does the shuttle deliver you back to the Tronchetta area or does it just go to the airport after?

I'm not sure about the trip back as we flew out of Bologna. I know that they definitely had a shuttle to the Venice airport, as well as the airport in Bologna and the train station in Ravenna.

Happy Cruising!

10 hours ago, Sue Haltom said:

What is the best hotel to stay if we are coming in day before cruise that is close to the port in Ravenna.

We are also looking to book shuttle from VCE airport. I think that is the Marco Poli airport. Any recommendations appreciated. This is our first trip overseas. 

First, welcome to the family!

So, are you coming into Venice a day early or will you be in Ravenna a day early? I'm a little confused because you asked for a hotel recommendation close to the port in Ravenna, but also shuttle info from VCE. A first overseas trip can be very intimidating, so no worries. We are here to help you.

Happy Cruising!

On 10/19/2022 at 9:43 AM, FManke said:

Happy Cruising!

What was the cost of the car from ravenna to bolonga.  also what is the cost of the shuttle from venice to ravenna.  We are a group of 12 and logistics are overwhelming.

3 hours ago, Helen Davies said:

Do you have to pay for the shuttles supplied by RC to/from Venice or Bologna? We were looking at paying for private transfers but if they are free, we’d be happy to use them!

Welcome Helen!

They are not free, but they are much cheaper than a private transfer. This last Oct they were about $48pp to and from Venice and I think $38pp to and from Ravenna. Just depends on what you are looking for, and how much you are willing to spend.

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

We are on an RCI cruise out of Ravenna in September, staying in Venice for a few days beforehand. I am considering getting the train from Venice St Lucia to Ravenna and then a taxi to the port. The train journey takes around 3 hrs including a change at Ferrara. The cost including the taxi seems about the same as the shuttle, maybe cheaper. The ship doesn't depart until 7pm so we have plenty of time for the journey. 

As long as there are no strikes that day, the train seems like a good option.

7 hours ago, Stetrue said:

We are on an RCI cruise out of Ravenna in September, staying in Venice for a few days beforehand. I am considering getting the train from Venice St Lucia to Ravenna and then a taxi to the port. The train journey takes around 3 hrs including a change at Ferrara. The cost including the taxi seems about the same as the shuttle, maybe cheaper. The ship doesn't depart until 7pm so we have plenty of time for the journey. 

As long as there are no strikes that day, the train seems like a good option.

We took the shuttle, not the train but quite a few people on our cruise did take the train and did have an issue getting back to Venice because the trains were in fact on strike. It caused a lot of headaches for quite a few people, trying to make last minute arrangements. Hoping you do not run into that. 

Happy Cruising!

Can anyone confirm if the RC transfers are available from Ravenna to Venice (so the opposite way being discussed in this post)? We disembark a cruise in Ravenna and only just realized that it's not actually very close to Venice at all. We will have a toddler with us so we're trying to determine how to get our group of 7 to Venice after we disembark in Ravenna as painlessly as possible.

14 hours ago, Helena 13 said:

Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle from Bologna Airport to Ravenna port? 
Trying to decide if it’s easier to fly to Venice or Bologna (from Singapore) probably arriving the day of the cruise on 24/9 

I'm assuming there is, since there was one from Ravenna port to the airport in Bologna. Drive from Bologna is a little over an hour vs two plus hours from Venice.

Happy Cruising!

5 hours ago, Mel2023 said:

Can anyone confirm if the RC transfers are available from Ravenna to Venice (so the opposite way being discussed in this post)? We disembark a cruise in Ravenna and only just realized that it's not actually very close to Venice at all. We will have a toddler with us so we're trying to determine how to get our group of 7 to Venice after we disembark in Ravenna as painlessly as possible.

Yes. The shuttles run both ways. You just have to choose either the shuttle to Marco Polo Airport or to Venice Cruise port area.

Happy Cruising!

11 hours ago, tezza said:

Hello - i called RC service desk to book the RC venice to ravenna shuttle from Tranchetta, but was informed there isn't one. RC said their only option is a RC shuttle from the airport to the Ravenna dock which is a paid service 😞

We just took the exact shuttle last Oct. There were actually 2 full buses worth of people. Not sure why they would have stopped it. It was a paid service as well. No free shuttle to or  from Venice. That was only the the first year after they moved the cruise port from Venice to Ravenna.

Happy Cruising!

On 1/29/2023 at 2:24 AM, FManke said:

We just took the exact shuttle last Oct. There were actually 2 full buses worth of people. Not sure why they would have stopped it. It was a paid service as well. No free shuttle to or  from Venice. That was only the the first year after they moved the cruise port from Venice to Ravenna.

Happy Cruising!

We have a cruise in Oct 23 out of Ravenna and we've literally just booked our transfers from Tronchetto to Ravenna via RC on the phone. We were given a choose of the airport or Troncetto and a 8.30am for 9.00am or 10.30 for 11.00am pick up. So I suggest you try again with RC as it appears that the RC rep you spoke to was incorrect. Also, we didn't pay straight away the total was added to our invoice which was updated and resent, noting that we booked direct.

All the best.

I was able to schedule my royal caribean transfer from marco polo to ravenna through the website via chat.

After much research I decided to book directly with Royal (44.00 per person 176 in total), because I realized that the transport from marco polo to ravenna would be practically the same (4 people around 160.00) for the day it's time we would arrive and still have to go through the rush and risk being late, but if it's well planned it's possible.

Chat link:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/resources/contact-us