A little help, please.

Jonocrab

We set sail this Sunday. 2 adults and 2 kids (six and eight) in an Interior 1V-2V room that we booked ourselves. I know the room is small. I need to get a realistic picture of where the kids will sleep. I've seen several different pictures of what the rooms (may or may not) look like. I'm prepared to take a cot, sleeping pads, or even a hammock that I could hang with ultra strong magnets if we need them. I called RCI and they said there were two overhead bunks, but I haven't seen a picture of that *anywhere*. I just want to be prepared. Also, we have a wheelchair that I'm hoping to break down and get in the closet. Maybe it will stay in the shower. It may have to sit right in front of the door. Can anyone conclusively verify what I can expect in the room on the 9th deck? 

1 hour ago, Jonocrab said:

We set sail this Sunday. 2 adults and 2 kids (six and eight) in an Interior 1V-2V room that we booked ourselves. I know the room is small. I need to get a realistic picture of where the kids will sleep. I've seen several different pictures of what the rooms (may or may not) look like. I'm prepared to take a cot, sleeping pads, or even a hammock that I could hang with ultra strong magnets if we need them. I called RCI and they said there were two overhead bunks, but I haven't seen a picture of that *anywhere*. I just want to be prepared. Also, we have a wheelchair that I'm hoping to break down and get in the closet. Maybe it will stay in the shower. It may have to sit right in front of the door. Can anyone conclusively verify what I can expect in the room on the 9th deck? 

What ship? I may find something, but I do have a Navigator Interior room to get an idea for you.Navigator of the Seas Review: A Royal Caribbean Ship - The Traveling Child

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I don’t think you can expect to get a wheelchair, folded up or not, into a shower.  Their showers are quite tight. Depending on your comfort level and the hallway location you might consider leaving it folded in the hallway if you cannot find a spot for it in the cabin.

Well, we'll go under that bridge when we get to it. My main concern is just knowing exactly what I'm looking at for sleeping arrangements. I haven't seen any pictures like the ones above. If it's like those above, I'm very happy. 

9 hours ago, Jonocrab said:

Also, we have a wheelchair that I'm hoping to break down and get in the closet. Maybe it will stay in the shower. It may have to sit right in front of the door. Can anyone conclusively verify what I can expect in the room on the 9th deck? 

I saw others had shown pics.  Just letting you know about your wheelchair .  Enjoy your cruise!

On 9/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, Pattycruise said:

I don’t think you can expect to get a wheelchair, folded up or not, into a shower.  Their showers are quite tight. Depending on your comfort level and the hallway location you might consider leaving it folded in the hallway if you cannot find a spot for it in the cabin.

Having kids with me, and we want a bigger shower w/ balcony we usually go for a JS. we don't want to spend too much for a GS, but we believe it's better to do a GS just for extra perks.

17 hours ago, foxrunner said:

If you don't need the wheelchair during the cruise, I'd ask your cabin steward to store it. I personally haven't done this but Royal truly wants to make you happy so don't be bashful.

Same goes for the table that may be in the room; if it is getting in your way and will give you more space, especially with a wheelchair, you can ask your steward if they could remove the table from your cabin.