SUGGESTIONS FOR EXCURSIONS ON SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - VOYAGER OF THE SEAS

KANSAS CITY CRUISER

Looking for suggestions for excursions at the following ports that are fun, memorable and don't take up the entire day (5 - 6 hours).

St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten,

St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts and Nevis.  

Is it worth taking a taxi over to the French side of St. Maarten to do some shopping?  What's a great place to watch the planes Land over Maho Beach?  Thank you for your responses.  😀 

A few thought starters for you.....

We have been to St Maarten 3 times and each time used Joyce Prince.  Depending on the size of your group, she will transport you around the island and show you the sights, take you to great shopping places, and give a little history as well.  It helps to have an idea what you want to see, and she will make it happen.  We went to Maho Beach and hubby enjoyed all the sand in the face you could want while I sat in the little beach bar and watched from afar.  Still a great view of the planes.

St Kitts - we rented a car and drove all over the island on one trip, on the next we took a ship sponsored tour. Both were great for different reasons.  The fort is cool to see whether you drive or take the bus.

St Lucia - we used a private company and had one of the best days ever. There are a couple of them on Tripadvisor.

My mom and I are also going on the Voyager OTS with the same itinerary next month! We've also done a similar itinerary in the past, here is what we did last time - 

St. Lucia - we did a tour to the Soufriere springs.  It was a great excursion, BUT it was very long.  

St. Kitts - we did a bus tour stopping at a few places, one of them being the Romney Manor.  It was a nice tour.  I have heard great things about the Railway tour! We are thinking about doing a day trip to Nevis this time

Barbados - we went to Harrison Caves - we really liked it!

St. Maarten - we did a bus tour with various stops, one of them being at a small market on the French side.  It was cute, but small, and similar to any kiosk shops you might see near a port.  We didn't get to do any other shopping on that tour.

St. Thomas: we just walked to the Skyride to Paradise Point and did this. Amazing views over Charlotte Amalie. I'd recommend to arrive early when there are no queues. On second thought, you might have to take a cab as I think Royal doesn't use Havensight pier? We were there with Princess and from Havensight it's just a little stroll.

Barbados: we did a snorkel & jeep tour booked via the cruise line. Great snorkeling spot with  some wrecks and a fun tour around the island. But YMMV as we were the first boat at the snorkel spot and it got really crowded when we were leaving. My memory might also be a bit clouded as this was such an amazing group and we had so much fun - and way too much rum punch 🤣

St. Kitts: we did the railway excursion. Unfortunately it was raining cats & dogs all day with low hanging clouds but what we could see from the coast was very beautiful.

On 9/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, KANSAS CITY CRUISER said:

Looking for suggestions for excursions at the following ports that are fun, memorable and don't take up the entire day (5 - 6 hours).

St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Maarten,

St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts and Nevis.  

Is it worth taking a taxi over to the French side of St. Maarten to do some shopping?  What's a great place to watch the planes Land over Maho Beach?  Thank you for your responses.  😀 

A few years ago, we went on the Random Wind Charters. The grandkids loved it, especially the Tarzan swing. here's their website  Sailing Charter in St Maarten | Random Wind Charters.

Have a great time!😎

For St Maarten, if you happen to be into Star Wars and related things, be sure to check out the storefront museum/exhibit/shrine/giftshop of The Yoda Guy if you're there during opening hours (listed on the website.) Not your usual cruise destination attraction, but quite interesting if you're into such things. Here's a link: The Yoda Guy Website

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, TessOR said:

A few thought starters for you.....

We have been to St Maarten 3 times and each time used Joyce Prince.  Depending on the size of your group, she will transport you around the island and show you the sights, take you to great shopping places, and give a little history as well.  It helps to have an idea what you want to see, and she will make it happen.  We went to Maho Beach and hubby enjoyed all the sand in the face you could want while I sat in the little beach bar and watched from afar.  Still a great view of the planes.

St Kitts - we rented a car and drove all over the island on one trip, on the next we took a ship sponsored tour. Both were great for different reasons.  The fort is cool to see whether you drive or take the bus.

St Lucia - we used a private company and had one of the best days ever. There are a couple of them on Tripadvisor.

What company did you use in St Lucia and where did you go?  I'm interested as you said it was one of the best days ever . . . .