Loyalty Gifts

Lois Sohn

We are Diamond plus with Royal. With 241 points.  It came to our attention this evening, anyone with 140 points is entitled to a Crystal Block of a cruise ship. And for every 70 additional points another Crystal Block. 
We have never been advised of this. 
How can we contact The Loyalty Ambassador??  Regarding this issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!  I've had to call C&A as well and always had attentive service from them.  Yes there has been a back log.  I just received one from a cruise in April.  So I had to be patient.  On the C&A benefit list the crystal blocks are listed as the commemorative gift.  I also had no idea until a fellow cruiser told me.  So now I've created a cruise nerd  😊 spreadsheet to keep track when and which ship I'll receive a block. That way I don't repeat a block and then can also inquire on the cruise if I don't receive the gift letter in my cabin.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:46 PM, Lois Sohn said:

We are Diamond plus with Royal. With 241 points.  It came to our attention this evening, anyone with 140 points is entitled to a Crystal Block of a cruise ship. And for every 70 additional points another Crystal Block. 
We have never been advised of this. 
How can we contact The Loyalty Ambassador??  Regarding this issue. 

‘Good luck getting them ……. We earned our 140 on Mariner last year, they said they had to mail it to us because they were “out of stock” …… it’s 10 months later and C&A still claims they don’t have any  …… we’re 2 points away from earning our next one on Wonder in February and I’m willing to bet $10k that we will never see that one either!!

10 hours ago, Lois Sohn said:

We are still waiting for two, as we never received any as yet. Do you think that we should phone again???

They have a huge backlog especially for odyssey and wonder. 

We just earned our first on odyssey last week and I’m not expecting to get ours for awhile. 

During Covid Royal announced they were stopping the program. There were a lot of complaints from C&A members so they reversed that. Odyssey and wonder never had blocks made initially because the program was stopping. 

Royal had to find a new vendor for the blocks. 

Inventory is now being replenished but there’s a huge waiting list. 

10 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

My first block is going to be on the Odyssey cruise in January and I will be going to the C&A desk early to see if I can get one while on board.

If you're flying home - be careful carrying that block - almost certainly will cause your bag to get searched going through security. Not mention it's got some heft to it. 

For a much easier way to get your block, they can ship the block to you for no charge via UPS (at least that's how I've gotten two of my blocks). Takes 2-3 days if it's all in stock. 

Disregard all that if you're driving. 🙂

4 hours ago, JC Pats said:

If you're flying home - be careful carrying that block - almost certainly will cause your bag to get searched going through security. Not mention it's got some heft to it. 

For a much easier way to get your block, they can ship the block to you for no charge via UPS (at least that's how I've gotten two of my blocks). Takes 2-3 days if it's all in stock. 

Disregard all that if you're driving. 🙂

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, we don't live near a port so we always have to fly. Take the airfare total for three cruises out of the picture and it would pay for a fourth.