New Galveston RC cruise Terminal

Chris 1972

The first ships are supposed to begin sailing by November 2022.  A few might even sail in October.

Therefore, it is a very safe bet that the terminal will be open by February 2023.

Everything so far indicates that Royal will do all of their sailings from this terminal.  Other cruise lines including Princess, NCL and Disney are expected to take over the current terminal 2, which is supposed to be renamed to match the pier/street names.

I keep hoping the terminal will include shuttle services or something to make Galveston a more accessible port for us who fly in. I know that's not at all the point of it but I've seen some great itineraries and ships out of Galveston but our last stay was so expensive with the $100+ in ride share ($50-55 each way) and Houston hotels.

8 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I keep hoping the terminal will include shuttle services or something to make Galveston a more accessible port for us who fly in. I know that's not at all the point of it but I've seen some great itineraries and ships out of Galveston but our last stay was so expensive with the $100+ in ride share ($50-55 each way) and Houston hotels.

Royal has always had shuttle service from the airports (George Bush and Hobby) to the terminal. We have many buses coming to and leaving from the cruises we take and we pass many of them on the road. If you come in a day early you can book the shuttle and use ride share from and to the airport and hotel rather than take the expensive ride share from the hotel to the terminal which is quite a distance away.

13 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

Royal has always had shuttle service from the airports (George Bush and Hobby) to the terminal. We have many buses coming to and leaving from the cruises we take and we pass many of them on the road. If you come in a day early you can book the shuttle and use ride share from and to the airport and hotel rather than take the expensive ride share from the hotel to the terminal which is quite a distance away.

WHAT?! Why is this the first I'm hearing of this!! How does one go about getting one of these Royal shuttles

3 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

WHAT?! Why is this the first I'm hearing of this!! How does one go about getting one of these Royal shuttles

I believe you are limited to embarkation/disembarkation day.  We are arriving a couple of days early and were told Royal wouldn't sell us a transfer.  We need to use a 3rd party.  On disembarkation day it is 39.50 per person from port to IAH (Bush).

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Tmoe71 said:

We are sailing on Nov 20th.  My biggest concern is the video is Sept 28th and it looks like more than 7 weeks of work left.....what happens if its not completed?

There may be some work being done, but they will use the terminal on schedule.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:31 PM, ChessE4 said:

I believe you are limited to embarkation/disembarkation day.  We are arriving a couple of days early and were told Royal wouldn't sell us a transfer.  We need to use a 3rd party.  On disembarkation day it is 39.50 per person from port to IAH (Bush).

Good to know there is an option for $39.50 per person on embarkation and disembarkation day.  I also wonder if third party transportation is cheaper.  Probably is if you have more than a couple of riders in your party.