Buy The Key then Royal Up / upgraded to Sky Class Suite. What Happened ?

TeRriii

I am curious what happened if you buy The Key before then bid to Sky Class Suite using Royal Up. If the bid goes through, can I cancel or refund The Key ? It's kinda useless to have The Key because Voom and other perks (except Chop lunch menu in MDR) are included in Sky Class Suite.

Please share your experience. Thank you.

Cruise planner will close 48-72 hours before your cruise, and you won't be able to buy or cancel anything. This is also the case for RoyalUp, they can and will upgrade people as late as on the boat. In that case you will have to go to guest service or have your concierge make the refunds for you. 

You don't even need to Royal Up, also for Star Class the Cruise planner shows really prominently that I should buy the Key and beverage/dining packages. Both somewhat useless for star class.

But then I also get nice advertising for Perfect Day at CocoCay in the cruise planner for my Mediterranean cruise next year 🙄

On 9/27/2022 at 3:28 PM, Ampurp85 said:

Cruise planner will close 48-72 hours before your cruise, and you won't be able to buy or cancel anything. This is also the case for RoyalUp, they can and will upgrade people as late as on the boat. In that case you will have to go to guest service or have your concierge make the refunds for you. 

So asking this because I just now got a VERY LATE "we might decide to upgrade you to a FREAKING CROWN LOFT once you board"...

If we wanted to cancel our 3 night dining package and VOOM reservation based on that upgrade, we could go to the concierge and we would 1) get the refund 2) any leftover OBC credited to my account as a result of that refund would be credited back to me? Or would I get a direct refund?

1 hour ago, KLA said:

So asking this because I just now got a VERY LATE "we might decide to upgrade you to a FREAKING CROWN LOFT once you board"...

If we wanted to cancel our 3 night dining package and VOOM reservation based on that upgrade, we could go to the concierge and we would 1) get the refund 2) any leftover OBC credited to my account as a result of that refund would be credited back to me? Or would I get a direct refund?

Yes. The concierge will help with refunds. On board cancellations get refunded as OBC that if not used, will go back to the credit card on file.

Thank you for all your responds. 

One important thing that I want to make sure.

Do "The Key" refundable or cancellable like other things in Cruise Planner ?  I read somewhere but I forgot the site, they said The Key is non refundable, non cancellable purchase. Which one is true ?

On 9/28/2022 at 5:21 PM, KLA said:

Hey KLA - any update on the last second upgrade?   Was that an email from Royal Up?  Have a great cruise!   Doing the same schedule in Jan on Harmony.