Paper ID??

Samantha

Hello so I leave for a cruise a week from today and I have lost t physical drivers license. However I did go to the dmv this morning to uptain a new one. But because I live in Ohio I only have a paper from the government that the dmv gave me to use as an ID until my physical card comes in the mail. I called RC and was told that I need a physical copy and that’s literally impossible unless I get my new one in the mail this week before getting on the airplane. WHAT DO I DO 

If you don't have a passport, you need your Birth Certificate and a government issues id with a photo.  It doesn't sound like you have that.

• Official US Birth Certificate and a supporting Government Issued Photo ID, like a driver’s license or an identity card. Please note that hospital Birth Certificates (baby feet Birth Certificates) are not accepted.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/united-states-citizen-travel-documentation

I think you are probably out of luck for expedited Passport service.  Maybe they can do something or the DMV could issue you an ID card or perhaps your county does an ID card.  Just brainstorming.

Bill

Do you have a passport? or were you doing a cruise that would not require a passport? Leaving in a week is a tough one, i would suggest calling your passport agency and saying its an emergency and perhaps they can get you one extra expedite. When I was filling out paper work last week for my boyfriends renewal it did mention emergency passport renewals for traveling in under two weeks. Other than that, do you have an old expired ID?  Perhaps if you call RC again you can ask if they will allow it with an old expired ID. 

6 hours ago, Samantha said:

Hello so I leave for a cruise a week from today and I have lost t physical drivers license. However I did go to the dmv this morning to uptain a new one. But because I live in Ohio I only have a paper from the government that the dmv gave me to use as an ID until my physical card comes in the mail. I called RC and was told that I need a physical copy and that’s literally impossible unless I get my new one in the mail this week before getting on the airplane. WHAT DO I DO 

I do not have a passport! I only had my drivers license and that’s what I lost! I went to the dmv today they said it will come in the mail in the next 10 days! So if that doesn’t come before I leave this Sunday I’ll have the paper from the DMV which is a temporary legal ID And my birth certificate 

Is you plan to fly to get to your ship?  You also might need to double check with the airline to see if they will let you on the plane with the paper copy.  We fly out of O'Hare and they are very stringent with ID checks to get through security.

I wish you luck on your travels, let us know how it goes please? 

I agree you might actually have more problems with the airlines than the cruise ship. Also if you still have an expired license I would take that in addition to the paper license. The cruise ship wants you to sail with them and will work with you if they can. I was able to sail using a photo of my birth certificate one time when I totally messed up and brought the wrong document with me. That being said there is no guarantee they will be able to so I would make a backup plan in case you can't get onboard.

10 hours ago, need2cruz said:

The paper ID in Ohio does have a photo.  It is your actual license until the card comes in the mail.  

8 hours ago, Samantha said:

I do not have a passport! I only had my drivers license and that’s what I lost! I went to the dmv today they said it will come in the mail in the next 10 days! So if that doesn’t come before I leave this Sunday I’ll have the paper from the DMV which is a temporary legal ID And my birth certificate 

If your temp has a photo on it, it sounds to me like it qualifies as a government issued ID with photo.  Good luck Samantha and do let us all know how things worked out.

Bill

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...