Unproctored Home Covid Test

SpicyCherry

Has anyone had any issues using the unproctored home test for pre-cruise testing so far? I have a 10Night itinerary coming up in December on Celebrity Edge and unless RC updates their protocols before then to include sailings over 9Nights, I will still need to test. Any good or bad experiences out there??

And what I mean by issues is: Issues with the test results being accepted, in its various forms, when checking in at the port.

Edited by SpicyCherry
Question clarification

For cruises over 8 nights you will need a proctored test as of today, we have always been using the  eMed™ Enabled 6-Pack COVID-19 At-Home Test and Lab Report either from the RC website and or the eMed site.  Cost is around $ 25 per test and all you need is an ID and an internet abled device that has a camera.  However the way things are changing all the time when it get closer to December check the website.  I check all the time nowadays, just in case things change and they do.

The web and the app are slightly different with testing so double check.

1 hour ago, not easy being green said:

For cruises over 8 nights you will need a proctored test as of today, we have always been using the  eMed™ Enabled 6-Pack COVID-19 At-Home Test and Lab Report either from the RC website and or the eMed site.  Cost is around $ 25 per test and all you need is an ID and an internet abled device that has a camera.  However the way things are changing all the time when it get closer to December check the website.  I check all the time nowadays, just in case things change and they do.

Thanks. I used the eMed test for my last cruise with no issues but that was when proctored test were required. Now that RC is accepting home tests that are not proctored, I was wondering if anyone had an issues when checking in at the port. I do check quite frequently(Alright, everyday….I admit it) to see if the testing protocols change. 

On some Celebrity ships that are more than 9 nights, you need a proctored test and what we found out is the app (needed to be proctored) and the web page (did not need to be proctored) did not match up.  We planned on doing a proctored test regardless of what was required and this time it worked out in our favor. 

We called in advance and the info was still conflicting - and confusing welcome to ongoing Covid things!!! 🤪

44 minutes ago, not easy being green said:

On some Celebrity ships that are more than 9 nights, you need a proctored test and what we found out is the app (needed to be proctored) and the web page (did not need to be proctored) did not match up.  We planned on doing a proctored test regardless of what was required and this time it worked out in our favor. 

We called in advance and the info was still conflicting - and confusing welcome to ongoing Covid things!!! 🤪

Thanks. That is very helpful. Erring on the side of caution is most always a good idea.

On 9/25/2022 at 4:26 PM, not easy being green said:

I don’t believe this information is correct. 
There is no Proctoring requirement, regardless of cruise length, for North American embarkation. 

At the time when I read this and made a comment, I did not know where the ship was leaving from (they never stated if it was international/overseas and or NA).  Also the ship is with Celebrity and they do have some differences with testing.  Again this whole situation is very fluid and changes are happening 

We have sailed on both RC and Celebrity since the restart and same company, and different "things" at different times.  Also again the app and the web page sometimes differ with information.