Halloween Candy/Treats

Adriana

Hiya! It sounds like folks bring candy/treats onboard for Halloween to give out to others. I had/have intentions of the same. However, I have been wondering if people would want to actually have any and eat it. Just your thoughts if people are still leery of taking things/candy from others, would someone take it but not eat it, would you take candy from someone and eat it? I want to think, “Yes,” but I do not want to lug heavy candy only to not have folks want it, or worse, have them throw it out. I mainly want to give to staff, but want to bring enough to be able to give to fellow cruisers as well. Thank you! 

I haven't encountered this on a ship but I do go to conventions and it's not uncommon for people to pass out candies. Ideally, you go with Halloween rules and get the bite size bars or mini bags and avoid small unmarked hard candies. People are generally more accepting if they recognize the brand and packaging. Also helps  if you have like a basket or something to pass it out from vs pulling it out of your pocket or personal bag. Basket says "I planned to do this" whereas personal bag or pocket screams "here's something random I had lying around".

I think the staff would also appreciate it and if you wanted you could give a bunch to the hotel manager or the like at Guest Services to distribute back on the crew decks where they are more likely to partake without concern.

On 9/25/2022 at 5:51 PM, Adriana said:

Hiya! It sounds like folks bring candy/treats onboard for Halloween to give out to others. I had/have intentions of the same. However, I have been wondering if people would want to actually have any and eat it. Just your thoughts if people are still leery of taking things/candy from others, would someone take it but not eat it, would you take candy from someone and eat it? I want to think, “Yes,” but I do not want to lug heavy candy only to not have folks want it, or worse, have them throw it out. I mainly want to give to staff, but want to bring enough to be able to give to fellow cruisers as well. Thank you! 

I would take wrapped candy (like a mini Hershey bar) but not bare candy (like some jellybeans).

Thank you! I def will be handing out “the good stuff!” By that, I mean what I like!! I will be giving out Twix, Reese’s, Almond Snickers, etc. I will have them in a Halloween bag. For the crew, I will be placing several in cute plastic Halloween candy bags. No clue if anyone wants any, but all good, I will just have to gain a few pounds!