UDP: eating Maine lobsters & steaks without surcharges

forests_lover

On 10/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, Skippy67 said:

We were on Navigator late August with the UDP and had Maine lobster at Hooked without a surcharge.

Based on the pricing I'm leaning towards it's not Maine lobster but as others have said warm water lobster. I'm going in a few weeks on the Navigator to find out myself armed with the UDP. LOL.

EDIT: This is what the sample menu says...

Whole Maine Lobster 2 lb. stuffed with crab, topped with creamy béchamel sauce and grated Gruyere, then baked until golden brown

3 hours ago, mistertomatohead said:

Based on the pricing I'm leaning towards it's not Maine lobster but as others have said warm water lobster. I'm going in a few weeks on the Navigator to find out myself armed with the UDP. LOL.

EDIT: This is what the sample menu says...

The sample menu is off. The whole "Maine" lobster at Hooked is just a whole lobster. 

@forests_lover, since you said you are a first time cruiser, let me post this advice I posted on another topic this morning

When you get on the Wonder, make it your plan to go first thing to an open specialty dining restaurant, with a dining plan/schedule in hand if possible, and make ALL your dining reservations for the entire cruise there. Popular dining times, between 6-8PM, book pretty quickly.

This is the plan/schedule I made for the Wonder.  I included all the info I needed because I noticed some crew go by day of the cruise (Day 1, Day 2, etc), some go by day of the week, some go by destination.  This is an old list, but I have since added the date.  Another advice is don't do it over the phone; I like having a visual of the schedule they see on their screens, especially if you have to change things around in your plan. 

Additional advice:  Don't do it with the crew in the Promenade with just radios in hand.  It will be a three-way communication between you, the crew member, and the restaurant.  It was very stressful, at least for me.  Look for those with a laptop on podiums.

image.thumb.png.1f84c38337520cd3611fd9f4d14ee2b4.png

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, mistertomatohead said:

Had this the other day on Navigator at Hooked. Definitely Maine Lobster. I asked what's the difference with the Chops one since that has an upcharge. They said no difference except Chops is a fancier venue and they split the lobster for you.

Hooked was a bit of mess so you get a bib.

20221112_180445.jpg

Bit of a mess is the ONLY way to eat a lobster!