GTY and connected rooms

_1stTimer

Hi, I booked 2 interior rooms as GTY for my family. Is there any chance they will be connected to each other? If I want them connected, what's the best move at this point?

Wait to see, then try to change (upgrade) if not?

There are no 2 interior connected rooms available right now -- only in balcony rooms. That's a major price change, of course.

We could give up on connecting and try for side by side or one outside and one inside across the hall.

Thanks for any advice.

1 hour ago, _1stTimer said:

Hi, I booked 2 interior rooms as GTY for my family. Is there any chance they will be connected to each other? If I want them connected, what's the best move at this point?

Wait to see, then try to change (upgrade) if not?

There are no 2 interior connected rooms available right now -- only in balcony rooms. That's a major price change, of course.

We could give up on connecting and try for side by side or one outside and one inside across the hall.

Thanks for any advice.

With GTY rooms you may not even find out your cabins until the week of your cruise.  If having connecting or close rooms is a requirement, you may need to move out of the GTY category so you have more control.  If you still have time, I’d recommend moving the reservation(s) to a travel agent ( I recommend MEI travel) as a travel agent has expertise in these matters and can guide you through options.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com has a big yellow box where you can fill out a form to be contacted by an agent.

good luck!

36 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

With GTY rooms you may not even find out your cabins until the week of your cruise.  If having connecting or close rooms is a requirement, you may need to move out of the GTY category so you have more control.  If you still have time, I’d recommend moving the reservation(s) to a travel agent ( I recommend MEI travel) as a travel agent has expertise in these matters and can guide you through options.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com has a big yellow box where you can fill out a form to be contacted by an agent.

Thanks. The cruise is in December. How does an agent make money at this point?

34 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

We had a new experience recently.  A group of 5 families booked 6 staterooms for a July 29, 2023.  We are all linked.  5 staterooms already have assignments and all are very near each other 

@WAAAYTOOO,@Reigert2008 check that out. 5 assigned super early AND near. So linking rooms is factored in.

@Hutcherl how near are we talking? 1 or 2 rooms separated? I guess you paid in full when booked.

3 hours ago, _1stTimer said:

Thanks. The cruise is in December. How does an agent make money at this point?

im not a TA, so I don’t fully understand the process, but you have a short window to move it to a TA and the cruise cannot be fully paid for. A good TA is the most valuable thing you will never pay for 🙂  we’ve used our MEI TA for both cruises and land vacations.

1 hour ago, _1stTimer said:

@WAAAYTOOO,@Reigert2008 check that out. 5 assigned super early AND near. So linking rooms is factored in.

@Hutcherl how near are we talking? 1 or 2 rooms separated? I guess you paid in full when booked.

Not paid in full.  Just minimum deposit.  3 rooms are just separated from one room each. Starboard side.    Forth room directly across port side.  Fifth room is same room number just one floor down.  We are by the elevator/steps so just one flight of stairs away.  
I do think it must be related to the number of linked rooms and their attempt to keep linked room close.  Not sure that is the rationale behind it though.  But it was a shock to us.  

13 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

Not paid in full.  Just minimum deposit.  3 rooms are just separated from one room each. Starboard side.    Forth room directly across port side.  Fifth room is same room number just one floor down.  We are by the elevator/steps so just one flight of stairs away.  
I do think it must be related to the number of linked rooms and their attempt to keep linked room close.  Not sure that is the rationale behind it though.  But it was a shock to us.  

We booked directly through RC so no assistance from a TA to make this happen. 
I was unaware that this even happened until the last family that booked informed me that they got a room close to us.  I explained that we don't have a room assignment.  They said yes you do!  

20 hours ago, Hutcherl said:

We booked directly through RC so no assistance from a TA to make this happen. 
I was unaware that this even happened until the last family that booked informed me that they got a room close to us.  I explained that we don't have a room assignment.  They said yes you do!  

I read somewhere else that RC doesn't send notifications when rooms are assigned. Strange.