Recent/Current/Upcoming Cruises Affected by Fiona

JDPcruisers

There were a few itinerary changes. The Harmony, and then I believe another ship or two had the order of ports changed to move around the weather.

I'm on the Adventure starting tomorrow out of NJ and going to Bermuda, which just got hit indirectly. By all accounts, it seems like we'll still be going there. The damage doesn't seem too extensive and flooding doesn't appear to be an issue. Adventure is up in Canada now, coming back to port tonight and just dodging the storm as it comes north. 

There was a non-Royal ship (can't remember if it was Norwegian or Carvnial) that was supposed to go to Bermuda today and got re-routed to Canada, where it's honestly not much better.

The new tropical depression brewing in the South Caribbean now seems like it could cause some changes for Western Caribbean sailings next week. 

My buddy was supposed to be on the Norwegian Getaway to Bermuda.  Instead of going south, they chose Newport, RI, Portland ME and St Johns New Brunswick.  Basically following Fiona up the coast.  He bailed and refund status is up in the air.

One way to check your recent sailing is to check the port arrivals.  St Johns had his ship on their itinerary 2+ days before NCL made any announcements about the route change.

We leave Boston Sunday on the Voyager - headed north.  Scheduled Tuesday in Halifax and Thursday in Saint John, NB. plus other ports coming and going.  Fiona is projected to visit Halifax Saturday, mostly with heavy winds and some rain.   So far no itinerary changes scheduled, but skipping ports would not be a surprise.

Itinerary changes are one thing but what’s the actual experience like? Are the seas rough? Things closed/cancelled due to rain or wind either onboard or in port? How are flights impacted?

On the upside, are there noticeably less people onboard? Anyone get great last minute deals or free upgrades due to others cancelling?