Warning: OnPoint Testing no longer trustworthy

jeffmw

Just wanted to warn everyone that OnPoint Testing, which a lot of people are still using for cruises that still mandate COVID tests (Bermuda, Canada), is having some serious issues and should no longer be used.

In a Facebook group for my sailing (Adventure 9/24) there were about a dozen people who had planned to use OnPoint and everyone's Zoom links were expired. Nobody answers the phone there or answers emails. Many of us spent the entire day trying to get a hold of someone to help. Some of us were able to get our testing done, but many were left scrambling for a new test. The same is going on with sailings on other cruise lines (my wife joined a few Facebook groups for those sailings and saw many people freaking out over the same thing.)

To top it off, I posted a comment on OnPoint's Facebook page saying I had been unable to reach anyone, and I received this note from a former employee...

It seems with so few places still requiring testing for travel, this company is cashing out -- and not in a very honest or ethical way. 

(The note should be read 2nd image, 1st, then 3rd -- I couldn't get them in the right order!)

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg

FWIW, there have been reports on the cruise forums of them cancelling appointments, not sure if it was here, the other big forum, or both.

I went with RapidTest&Trace in July b/c they had much better customer service than OnPoint and OnPoint always had a few red flags.

Just one man's opinion.

48 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And you should always believe posts on FB from people who’s identity you can’t confirm ranted about something.  Not saying there’s not a problem but you don’t know who posted that.

I understand. Let me be clear on something: Everything I mentioned in my post is from my personal experience. We had 4 appointments and ended up only being able to do 2. My wife and daughter had to make a last minute appointment at a CVS 20 minutes away because of OnPoint. Meanwhile there are literally dozens of people on the FB group of our sailing and in several other Royal FB groups having the same widespread issues with them. This isn't just me taking this person's word. These guys are screwing everyone.

As far as the message, I looked into her and it seems legit. But even if it isn't legit, that doesn't change the experience I've had with OnPoint, nor the experience currently being had by dozens of people just like us trying to get testing so they can cruise or travel. 

I can also personally attest to Onpoint's failure to perform. Refer to another recent thread on the topic. I related my problem there.

In a chat I had with one of their service reps on Sunday, she disclosed that they are having technical difficulties and that the have reduced their capacity due to a drop in their business

OnPoint was also was JJ Cruise used a bit ago and they also had issues with it. TLDR Onponit changed the appointment time and the only notice they sent was well after/before business hours so JJ didn't know until they logged on for their original time and saw it was cancelled. Idk if they ever got their refund - at the filming of the video they were stilll trying to get it back.

We were also burned by OnPoint!! We had a Saturday visit for our Sunday cruise and the whole thing didn't work. We are scrambling to pay hundreds of dollars for a pharmacy antigen test at the last minute. What a nightmare this whole COVID crap is. I will not be doing this again for a cruise. We love cruising but this is not worth it.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:49 AM, jeffmw said:

I understand. Let me be clear on something: Everything I mentioned in my post is from my personal experience. We had 4 appointments and ended up only being able to do 2. My wife and daughter had to make a last minute appointment at a CVS 20 minutes away because of OnPoint. Meanwhile there are literally dozens of people on the FB group of our sailing and in several other Royal FB groups having the same widespread issues with them. This isn't just me taking this person's word. These guys are screwing everyone.

As far as the message, I looked into her and it seems legit. But even if it isn't legit, that doesn't change the experience I've had with OnPoint, nor the experience currently being had by dozens of people just like us trying to get testing so they can cruise or travel. 

Also does not make all the other assertions in the post true.  Not questioning that you and others are experiencing major issues, just the rest of the rant in that FB post ie; fake CLIA numbers, hundreds of unpaid Filipino workers etc.  No way to verify any of that so should it be reposted?

7 hours ago, Bruce and Cathy said:

We were also burned by OnPoint!! We had a Saturday visit for our Sunday cruise and the whole thing didn't work. We are scrambling to pay hundreds of dollars for a pharmacy antigen test at the last minute. What a nightmare this whole COVID crap is. I will not be doing this again for a cruise. We love cruising but this is not worth it.

Well unless you are sailing Canada/Bermuda, unvaxxed, and cruises over 10N you don't have to really worry about testing