Port stop in Miami

Mike6453

Hi,

I'm cruising in December on the Christmas holiday cruise on Anthem, while i have left many times from Miami I have never had a port stop in Miami, the ship docks at 9am and departs at 5PM, there don't seem to be any excursions I think we would like.  Assuming the ship arrives on time and isn't delayed is it worth getting off the ship. or should we just stay onboard and use our drinks package more?

thanks..

10 hours ago, Adriana said:

I would def get off and head to South Beach. I lived in SOBE most of my adult life and there is so much to do, see and enjoy. You have beautiful beaches, but also art galleries, great people watching, unique shopping, great Cuban food, etc. I suggest walking along Lincoln Rd.

I think we will look to get off assuming its beach weather, were not doing this cruise for the excursions or the stops in particular. still it would be nice to have a beach day. thanks for the advise.

@Mike6453, the good thing about South Beach is that it offers different experiences. People equate it with partying and beaches, but there is so much more. Depending on the day, there may be a great antiques market, there are galleries, boutique dining and shops, Art Deco, fun drinks and authentic Cuban and international foods. You can sit at a small cafe and just people watch. There are many characters in SOBE! I suggested Lincoln Rd since it is more for locals. Ocean Dr is very touristy and expensive. Mind you, everything is expensive in the area, but Ocean Dr is geared towards tourists and taking their money. 

2 hours ago, Adriana said:

@Mike6453, the good thing about South Beach is that it offers different experiences. People equate it with partying and beaches, but there is so much more. Depending on the day, there may be a great antiques market, there are galleries, boutique dining and shops, Art Deco, fun drinks and authentic Cuban and international foods. You can sit at a small cafe and just people watch. There are many characters in SOBE! I suggested Lincoln Rd since it is more for locals. Ocean Dr is very touristy and expensive. Mind you, everything is expensive in the area, but Ocean Dr is geared towards tourists and taking their money. 

I was in south beach five years ago, stayed there for a work thing, I'm from NYC so used to the high prices and definitely not a tourist mentality...lol. thanks for the great info. No just trying to decide on whether to get the deluxe drinks package....

@Mike6453, No prob! Yup, I grew up in Jersey in NYC metro area then SOBE, high prices are the norm! As for the all inclusive drink package, I am a huge fan of it. I always get it and it always is a better price than paying for things individually. I like to try different wines, maybe not finish one I don’t like; maybe have an espresso w Sambucca or Kailua; fresh fruit smoothies, sodas (helps w my motion sickness), teas and bottle after bottle of water. Plus, there is no worry of how much you are spending, it is a done deal. For my next cruise, I am only getting the water/soda/coffee package (the nonalcoholic package) since considerably less and I will be getting four free drinks each day as a Diamond. However, I still contemplated it.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:32 AM, Adriana said:

@Mike6453, No prob! Yup, I grew up in Jersey in NYC metro area then SOBE, high prices are the norm! As for the all inclusive drink package, I am a huge fan of it. I always get it and it always is a better price than paying for things individually. I like to try different wines, maybe not finish one I don’t like; maybe have an espresso w Sambucca or Kailua; fresh fruit smoothies, sodas (helps w my motion sickness), teas and bottle after bottle of water. Plus, there is no worry of how much you are spending, it is a done deal. For my next cruise, I am only getting the water/soda/coffee package (the nonalcoholic package) since considerably less and I will be getting four free drinks each day as a Diamond. However, I still contemplated it.

I am in the same spot with the diamond  drinks and with so much time on ship and coco cay I think I might get the deluxe for me and the refreshment for my wife.