Drink package cancellation for one not both passengers

Dulis

Hi!  I booked the deluxe drink package for my husband and I at the same time for a pretty decent price.  I think we are going to cancel his, though, and keep mine.  It looks like if I cancel the order, it will refund the both of us.  I don't see an option to pick specific passengers.  Is there anything I can do to keep the good price I got for myself?  FWIW, we are assigned to different staterooms because our three albatrosses- sorry! kids! are coming with us, too.  Lol, just a joke!  I hear albatrosses don't even like cruising...

Actually, since you are assigned to different staterooms, you should not be forced to buy a refreshment package for your husband.  The rule is that if one adult purchases the alcohol package, then all adults in the same cabin must purchase the alcohol package (though you can reduce that to the refreshment package if you call and state that you don't drink alcohol).  However, no such rule exists for adults in different cabins.  This is an advantage of officially booking one adult plus kids in each stateroom, then, once on board the adults can sleep in one cabin and the kids in the other.

Hmm I think OP brought the packages together, not necessarily in the same room but at the same time. In that case it would be hard to cancel one and not the other because it would cancel the whole order. I would say your best bet, besides calling and hoping a rep can cancel one and not the other, is to cancel one on board. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Hmm I think OP brought the packages together, not necessarily in the same room but at the same time. In that case it would be hard to cancel one and not the other because it would cancel the whole order. I would say your best bet, besides calling and hoping a rep can cancel one and not the other, is to cancel one on board. 

Yeah this is the case most likely. I have similar reservations with 2 rooms, wife in one and me on the other. We booked reservations and excursions at the same time, but if we want to cancel there is is no way to simply cancel for just one room online or in the app. It’s all or nothing!

On 9/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, Ampurp85 said:

HI, yes, I did buy the packages at the same time.  I didn't realize that you could cancel on board, too.  I guess that means going to the dreaded guest services desk with the monster line?  I'll give Royal a call first to see if it can be done over the phone.  Thank you!