what can i ask my cleaner for?

Jamie F

10 hours ago, Jamie F said:

so i have 3 people staying in a owners suite onboard ovtion of the seas, and we all LOVE the bathrobes they give us, but there isnt enough for all of us. can i ask for more bathrobes? or will i be charged for it. if you wanna know i am in a sky class room.

Thanks!

If there are 3 people booked in the suite, there will be 3 robes.  We had 4 in March and each had a robe in the closet.  Not sure why you think there won’t be enough.  

14 hours ago, Jamie F said:

so i have 3 people staying in a owners suite onboard ovtion of the seas, and we all LOVE the bathrobes they give us, but there isnt enough for all of us. can i ask for more bathrobes? or will i be charged for it. if you wanna know i am in a sky class room.

Thanks!

You can't take te bathrobes home with you, even if you're staying on a suite. If there are 3 persons on the reservation there should be at least 3 bathrobes available on the suite, why there wouldn't be enough robes for all of you?.

P.S. It's not a "cleaner", the position is called Stateroom attendant. 

44 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Sad? Sorry, I am confused, are you saying that it’s sad that you can’t take them home for free? I realize that I must be misunderstanding.

I don't think OP understood the robes are not free to keep.  They will definitely charge you if you try to take those home.  Same like the pool towels.

10 hours ago, Blur said:

I don't think OP understood the robes are not free to keep.  They will definitely charge you if you try to take those home.  Same like the pool towels.

Well yes of course they would, I think they are around $80 each. As would be the case with a cruise ship or hotel of any kind. But honestly I assumed that I was misunderstanding what the OP was sad about because I could not really imagine someone thinking they were free. Thus I asked for some clarification. 

Stateroom Attendants do a lot more than clean, and can be your eyes and ears on the ship. Not only do they make sure your Stateroom is in order twice a day, they learn your preferences and bring to your attention the Compass and ship news, fresh glasses (including wine glasses if requested), evening turndown, etc. They will also help if you do not want to keep things (e.g., dressy clothes or a souvenir no longer wanted. 

50 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Three cruises this year - not a single example of turndown service was experienced. The bed looked the same when we returned at night as it did a noon.

Thats unfortunate.  We've done 2 cruises this year and we have gotten turndown service every single night with towel animals, cleaning, printed cruise compass for next day, extras, etc...  Did you speak to the stateroom attendant as to why you weren't getting turndown service?

1 hour ago, need2cruz said:

Thats unfortunate.  We've done 2 cruises this year and we have gotten turndown service every single night with towel animals, cleaning, printed cruise compass for next day, extras, etc...  Did you speak to the stateroom attendant as to why you weren't getting turndown service?

We got cruise compasses and towel animals (every other night unlike the nightly in the past). Just no turndown of the bed.

My kid when he was 8 once complained about turndown service at an Omni because they gave soothing lotion instead of a chocolate.  We started camping and staying in hostels more. 

By turndown service, I did not mean moving the sheets back, but the Stateroom Attendent freshens the sheets if you have an afternoon nap,  puts a Compass and a towel animal in a charming way near the bed. They also give fresh towels and remove the garbage in the eveningand in the morning. If glasses were used, they take away the old glasses and put new glasses and coasters. I am not staying in a Suite, but a regular room. 

3 hours ago, Audrey V. said:

By turndown service, I did not mean moving the sheets back

Then you meant "evening refresh." THAT we got every night (except the one time we forgot to remove our "Sleeping off the adventure" door sign.

True turndown service is something we always had before Covid, never since.

I saw cleaner and thought of a packing hack that I used when I was traveling for work.

Take your suits, dresses or sports coat to the cleaners before you travel.  Leave the garment in the plastic bag that they use when you pick up your stuff and then fold it gently and put into your suitcase.  The bag cuts down on wrinkling and you know that your clothes are fresh.

15 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

I saw cleaner and thought of a packing hack that I used when I was traveling for work.

Take your suits, dresses or sports coat to the cleaners before you travel.  Leave the garment in the plastic bag that they use when you pick up your stuff and then fold it gently and put into your suitcase.  The bag cuts down on wrinkling and you know that your clothes are fresh.

can confirm that i actually save dry cleaner bags and pack my hanging clothes this way in my checked luggage. it does allow for some wrinkles but the great thing about the caribbean is that its usually humid enough outside (or with a hot shower) that you can get most of it to release. i think we have fabric release spray too just in case that didn't work but i've never actually used it 🤔