Coco Cay best beach

NotPayinExtra

What's the best beach spot for 2 adults who just like to swim and play in the water all day? No kids, just two 50 something's here. There is no adults only beach right? Also I know jellyfish has apparently become a big problem. Is that more chill island beach problem? That's what I seem to be reading. We want to be in the water more then just laying flat on a chair. Suggestions.

12 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

There will be an adults-only beach, but it won't open until next  year.  You may enjoy South Beach as it's the farthest beach from the ship and is typically quieter.

I concur with SpeedNoodles.  My wife and I went to each beach last week and found that South Beach had very few kids, if any.  We liked that one the best as it was the least crowded as well. 

23 hours ago, NotPayinExtra said:

And South Beach has free chairs etc?

Yes it has the free lounge chairs.  A bar there.  Volleyball net. towel station if I remember correctly.  Food which was very good. It also had these rafts out in the water that you can use if I remember it was that beach.  Fun getting in and out of the raft.  Had a swim out bar too. I think you could walk it. If my memory is wrong about any of this. Please correct me anyone. 

18 hours ago, NotPayinExtra said:

Ok, so what if any is the difference then bet chill island and South Beach? Jellyfish population? Distance from ship? Is a tram ride needed? If so how often do they run? Thanks

South Beach is just further down…I don’t know much about the jellyfish population.  South Beach is my favorite spot.

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC chill beach is quieter, no (or less maybe?) music and an overall more 'chill' (sorry) vibe. South beach had music coming from somewhere, the bar seemed more accessible and seemed be livelier.  We went to south beach because we enjoyed that more.  Of course I could be remembering this completely wrong.

I don't remember kids being too present at either place. Again, ymmv and these recollections could just be the days we were there.

You can't really go wrong at any of these places imo. They did an amazing job.

I heard that South Beach water levels get really low and the beach becomes more like a marsh, then a beach?  Is there any truth to this.  We have a cabana reserved for late November, but now worried we picked the wrong beach and are going to be in a mud pit instead of a beautiful beach.  

On 10/6/2022 at 12:34 PM, Joeb said:

I heard that South Beach water levels get really low and the beach becomes more like a marsh, then a beach?  Is there any truth to this.  We have a cabana reserved for late November, but now worried we picked the wrong beach and are going to be in a mud pit instead of a beautiful beach.  

The cabanas on South Beach are far enough back away from the waterline that the sand there won't be wet.  It's neat when the water is low because you can walk way, way out without needing to swim at all when the water levels are down. There's a sandbar out there that you can swim to and stand on when the water is high, too.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The cabanas on South Beach are far enough back away from the waterline that the sand there won't be wet.  It's neat when the water is low because you can walk way, way out without needing to swim at all when the water levels are down. There's a sandbar out there that you can swim to and stand on when the water is high, too.

Thanks Ashley....I guess I am more worried about when you enter the water, is it more like entering an ocean with sand on the bottom, or is it more like a lake/marsh.  I know the cabanas are far enough back from the waterline, I am more curious about how the beach is when you enter the water (how is the ocean floor).  Hope my question makes sense 🙂 

On 9/22/2022 at 9:31 AM, Bob Burd said:

I concur with SpeedNoodles.  My wife and I went to each beach last week and found that South Beach had very few kids, if any.  We liked that one the best as it was the least crowded as well. 

Did you happen to notice if the Day Beds have returned to South Beach?

On 10/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, Joeb said:

Thanks Ashley....I guess I am more worried about when you enter the water, is it more like entering an ocean with sand on the bottom, or is it more like a lake/marsh.  I know the cabanas are far enough back from the waterline, I am more curious about how the beach is when you enter the water (how is the ocean floor).  Hope my question makes sense 🙂 

It is sand. There are some patches of sea grass here and there, but it's mostly sand.  You have the initial beach slope into the water and then it goes deeper but you swim further out and it gets shallow to where you can walk out to the sandbar.

15 hours ago, TheBurnsTravelers said:

Did you happen to notice if the Day Beds have returned to South Beach?

My memory is gone.  I don't remember if it was there or not.   I believe there was something i'll call past where the lounge chairs were and it was a paid option.  IF that is the day beds, then I think it is there.  I hope someone else can let you know.  IF it's on the planner as an item to buy, then I would also assume it's there.