The crystal block

Mike n Ky

18 minutes ago, Mike n Ky said:

If what I have seen is accurate you are awarded a crystal block when you pass 140 points. We are right there now but will pass it on our Odyssey cruise in January. So, is this true and if so will the ship be the Odyssey?

The ship should be whichever ship you were on when you hit 140.

If I'm understanding that you have exactly 140, call C&A and ask them to ship your block from whatever ship you were on last. Just be aware, there is quite a backlog due to RC switching companies that produce the blocks during the shutdown. It took me 3 months to get my Harmony block from my 5/29 sailing and some people have been waiting MUCH MUCH longer for other ships.

36 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The ship should be whichever ship you were on when you hit 140.

If I'm understanding that you have exactly 140, call C&A and ask them to ship your block from whatever ship you were on last. Just be aware, there is quite a backlog due to RC switching companies that produce the blocks during the shutdown. It took me 3 months to get my Harmony block from my 5/29 sailing and some people have been waiting MUCH MUCH longer for other ships.

Thanks for the response.

Not there until we get onboard in January and since this is our first time on Odyssey, April will be another first sailing on Wonder, it will be nice to have one from that cruise.

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I qualified for a block on Serenade in June and filled out a form to have it shipped to me. 

Still waiting.

I didn't even get my form on that 5/29 Harmony cruise. Wasn't even thinking about the block. I called after we got back, was told 3-4 months to ship, and it did arrive in 3 months. Some people are now receiving them onboard certain ships. It seems that the company is catching up on certain ships while others are taking much longer.

As long as you get it eventually...

When I qualified during my Allure (May 2022) sailing there was a note in my room, Congratulations you are entitled to a block, will it collect dust? You can forego it! Would you like it? Would you like us to mail it to you? Those were the choices it said to check the box and leave with the stateroom attendant. I checked I wanted it now and never received it, so I went to the Loyalty Desk on day 6 of my sailing and the Loyalty representative gave one to me. It was packages nicely so I stuffed it in my luggage.

It now sits on my desk where I dust it once a week! It makes me smile though so there's that!

26 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We just ask the loyalty ambassador for it on the ship we earn it...Find it sitting in our room waiting on us

When they actually have them on the ship... which hasn't been the norm since startup although they seem to finally be making some progress.

We have a Navigator and Liberty block so far. The Navigator block was shipped and took around 3 months and the Liberty was delivered while onboard. Will be getting an Adventure block in December and hopefully they will have that onboard. We will see what ship we want to have after that so we can schedule appropriately.

We are due an odyssey block in about 3 weeks. Originally it was supposed to be Radiance from Alaska but we had to cancel due to us getting Covid. That would have been a cool reminder of a bucket list cruise. However, Odyssey will have a double remembrance. Bucket list (Holy Land/Greece) and marking 6 years cancer free. 

I am prepared to wait for it. I’ve heard though that they may have the blocks come November but there’s also a year’s backlog on odyssey blocks. 

To my knowledge there have been NO Odyssey or Wonder blocks distributed. 

Remember last year Royal announced they were not going to award blocks anymore but then there was “outrage” so they re-instated the program. My guess is they also needed to source a new supplier. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

We sailed Odyssey October 2021 and a family member was due a block. Filled out the form to have it shipped, but still haven't received it over a year later.....lol.

October 2021 was early in the Post Covid return...I would recommend contacting them as I believe your family member is no longer in the queue.

Thanks for the reminder. Checked my spreadsheet and saw I was due a block yesterday on Adventure.  I went to the C&A ambassador today and got it.

Adventure seems very lax.  No special toiletries gif 340 pts in the cabin these past 2 months. Asked last month for just lotion and was brought old smelly lotion. This month they had the correct item, after I asked. No Diamond water in the room either.  Who communicates which cabin is to get these things? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 1:54 PM, Mike n Ky said:

October 2021 was early in the Post Covid return...I would recommend contacting them as I believe your family member is no longer in the queue.

Hadn't gotten around to recontacting C&A about the block, but my family member just received the Odyssey block from October 2021!!! 

1 hour ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

Hadn't gotten around to recontacting C&A about the block, but my family member just received the Odyssey block from October 2021!!! 

My Odyssey blocks (three of them) from September, October and December 2021 have not shipped.  I contacted CAS.  As of Friday last week I am in the queue and the vendor has my details.  

I liken it to when iPhones were so popular on release date it was not uncommon for fulfilment to occur over a period of weeks/months.  That was pre-pandemic.  I imagine that the vendor received a long list and while in our minds they should ship based on who earned them first, the vendor may have used their own logic, as in alphabetically by surname or simply the list as offered by Royal sorted by no one knows how.

At any rate I am in the queue and they confirmed I'll get all three plus one from Wonder.