LGBTQ+ Get Together question

3 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Follow-up question - has anyone gone who might be able to give some insight on what happens at these? I've been curious but nervous to go.

I can speak for the solo cruisers meet up.  It depends on the ship.  I’m on Adventure and solo meet us at the same place in the schooner bar that they run trivia at the same time.  It’s pointless because the bar is already crowded. No one facilitates anything.  Meanwhile on Anthem the solo event was at Vintages, no trivia do you could awkwardly  ask people there if they were there for the solo meet n greet.  I don’t think the LGBTQ+ runs during a trivia event do you’re bound to have less “public” there. 
these are not “cruise led “ in that there’s not a facilitator , it’s up to the individual to speak to new people and make friends. 

18 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I can speak for the solo cruisers meet up.  It depends on the ship.  I’m on Adventure and solo meet us at the same place in the schooner bar that they run trivia at the same time.  It’s pointless because the bar is already crowded. No one facilitates anything.  Meanwhile on Anthem the solo event was at Vintages, no trivia do you could awkwardly  ask people there if they were there for the solo meet n greet.  I don’t think the LGBTQ+ runs during a trivia event do you’re bound to have less “public” there. 
these are not “cruise led “ in that there’s not a facilitator , it’s up to the individual to speak to new people and make friends. 

aww...so basically just people hanging around talking? yeah...no thanks...I'm FAR too shy for that

I did go to all three, Solo, Single and LGBTQ+, on Nav last week. They were all self-lead. My bff is going with me on a cruise in Nov and he asked me to stake out the LGBTQ+ one and I found it, imho, overtly sexual. I am sure not all of them are like this and it could be the cruise atmosphere of this particular cruise. I had mistaken the single event for a solo event and left there real quick as I wasn't looking for a romantic partner. The solo one was okay, I met a few cool people, not cool enough to hang as a lot were shy but friendly enough.