Another Crown and Anchor points question

SymphonyNoob

I had another crown and anchor points question. We are going on the Wonder in April. My wife and I have a junior suite booked and my mother is going in a balcony. We will have 2 cabins. My question is whether it would be better for me or my wife to sail solo in the junior suite and the other to be booked with my mom in her balcony cabin? The reason I’m asking is I read that a solo in a junior suite gets 3 points per night so we would get 21 points for the 7 night cruise. 
Thank you

11 minutes ago, Qeytondude said:

not sure on the points count, but I know there is no "we" when it comes to C&A points.  Each individual person collects their own based on the situation.  For example if you booked 3 cabins, you only collect for the cabin you are staying in ( based on their system )

Thank you for the response. I didn’t think about that. If I stayed in the suite I would get a different amount of points than my wife in the balcony.

50 minutes ago, SymphonyNoob said:

I had another crown and anchor points question. We are going on the Wonder in April. My wife and I have a junior suite booked and my mother is going in a balcony. We will have 2 cabins. My question is whether it would be better for me or my wife to sail solo in the junior suite and the other to be booked with my mom in her balcony cabin? The reason I’m asking is I read that a solo in a junior suite gets 3 points per night so we would get 21 points for the 7 night cruise. 
Thank you

Definitely book you or your wife solo in the JS; and cash in on the extra 7 points. 
Assuming you both have the se number of points now, it doesn’t matter who is listed in the JS. Once onboard just get an extra key card for whomever was booked in Mom’s cabin (of course under this plan you are stealing 7 points from Mom)

14 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Definitely book you or your wife solo in the JS; and cash in on the extra 7 points. 
Assuming you both have the se number of points now, it doesn’t matter who is listed in the JS. Once onboard just get an extra key card for whomever was booked in Mom’s cabin (of course under this plan you are stealing 7 points from Mom)

13 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

It doesn’t matter, spouse’s share status regardless of points. 

Thank you for the response. My wife and I currently have the same number of points at 50. My mom doesn’t cruise that much so it wouldn’t bother her about losing the double points. After the cruise will they bump my wife up to the number of points that I will have since we would earn a different amount on this cruise?

39 minutes ago, SymphonyNoob said:

Thank you for the response. My wife and I currently have the same number of points at 50. My mom doesn’t cruise that much so it wouldn’t bother her about losing the double points. After the cruise will they bump my wife up to the number of points that I will have since we would earn a different amount on this cruise?

Technically, no, you will always have a different amount of points (unless she sails alone and catches up)... but when you each login to your individual accounts, you will both see the same higher number. If you call C&A, they will tell you the actual number.

To make it clearer, I married into Emerald b/c my wife cruised as a kid and my first ever cruise was our honeymoon. She should have a bunch more points than me. Unsurprisingly, RC screwed something up and I have more points than I should.

Does any of this matter? Not really, especially when sailing together, but I figured I'd give as full of an answer as I could. I only know all this b/c I called about passing 140 pts to have our first crystal block shipped and learned I was just below 140 but my wife had 150 so technically it's her block. 🙂

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Technically, no, you will always have a different amount of points (unless she sails alone and catches up)... but when you each login to your individual accounts, you will both see the same higher number. If you call C&A, they will tell you the actual number.

To make it clearer, I married into Emerald b/c my wife cruised as a kid and my first ever cruise was our honeymoon. She should have a bunch more points than me. Unsurprisingly, RC screwed something up and I have more points than I should.

Does any of this matter? Not really, especially when sailing together, but I figured I'd give as full of an answer as I could. I only know all this b/c I called about passing 140 pts to have our first crystal block shipped and learned I was just below 140 but my wife had 150 so technically it's her block. 🙂

Thank you for your response. 

Yes, 21 points solo in a Junior Suite. Do it! My friends sail in 2 cabins (balcony's, with teen) always and the husband has the points of all the solos to be Diamond in record time. My girlfriend does not have the points but she does have the status. Her Sea Pass card now reflects Diamond and she gets the Diamond amenities albeit her points are still in the Emerald area.  @Ampurp85 I never sailed solo even though that's on my bucket list, can you confirm?

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I apologize for sending us down a little rabbit hole, but it raises another question.

My wife and I also have different sailing history.  So according to your experience, we also have different point totals. 

I recently qualified for a crystal block.  My wife can't be far behind.  Does this mean that she will receive a crystal block on our next cruise?

2 hours ago, steverk said:

I apologize for sending us down a little rabbit hole, but it raises another question.

My wife and I also have different sailing history.  So according to your experience, we also have different point totals. 

I recently qualified for a crystal block.  My wife can't be far behind.  Does this mean that she will receive a crystal block on our next cruise?

It should be one block per household but you can always ask the LA on your next cruise. When a couple has equal points they don't get 2.

5 hours ago, steverk said:

I’ve been told per household. Even the gifts for C&A Diamond  plus with separate cabins booked for hubby and I I’ve been told one per household.

15 hours ago, Blur said:

I would put whoever plans to sail more solo in the Jr suite.  If you guys plan on always cruising together than just remember who you put solo for next time.  You wouldn't want to flip flop and not get the extra points next time around.

If they always plan on cruising together, then, the same person should always be booked in the “solo room” when this situation arises.