Outside areas on RC ships

AlexD

So I've recently cruised on Wonder and had an absolute blast. 

I was just wondering about the outside areas on RC ships. I remember sailing on the Freedom over 10 years ago and it had this outside area on deck 4 or 5 which was just a very quiet and lovely spot to sit down and read... 

There isn't anything like that on Wonder apart from two alcoves next to the running track but it's definitely not a place to relax. 

So my question is, do only the older ships feature this kind of outside promenade like on Freedom? That's the only thing I missed, a quiet spot outside, looking over the ocean, no music just the waves 🥰

It's my favorite feature of the Freedom/ Voyager class ships. It's a great place to relax outside away from the crowd.

It's also great for walking as it goes all the way around, the steps are a bonus for me, but could be a negative.

I also really like being able to go to the bow of the ship.

I enjoy the small seating area on Oasis class behind the Aqua Theater by the running track very early in the morning. Used to get some coffee from the DL and danish from Cafe Promenade and watch the wake of the ship in the early AM while my wife was running.

Unfortunately the post-covid protocol seems to be to not prep the coffee machine until 7am. The DL concierge on Indy in July told me people were breaking the machine overnight when the DL was unattended so corporate told them not to leave it on overnight anymore. This didn't really make sense to me since the DL is is left unattended most of the day but the machine is on. Oh well.