Diamonds on Celebrity question...........

togo

The Captains Club event for higher tier levels (Elite and above) offers  a limited drink menu during specific hours, so not really a benefit we even partake; hence,  we always book drinks as part of an inclusive package, so not been an issue.  We do  like the complimentary laundry service on the 7 night or longer trips.   With 2 people, each Diamond/Elite, you get a bag each after the 3rd night. 

There are so many diamond/elites on X now that it has pretty much become meaningless. We were on X three times this year. A 7 nighter, a 10 nighter and 12 nighter. Had drinks as part of our inclusive package so the happy hour drinks meant nothing and they didn't serve appetizers on any of the cruises.

We did get the laundry done on our 12 nighter, but not on the other two.  We did go to the Captain's party fpr elite and up on one of the cruises but it was so packed you could hardly move. We skipped it on the other two.

I was on X a couple months ago. 

Benefits I found were:

Free laundry 

Free scoop of Gelato 

Discount on upgraded internet if you call about it before you cruise 

When I asked about a Discount for specialty dining on the first night they gave me 10% off and said it as due to my status 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, Last Lion said:

Is the Elite drinks benefit just for happy hour or can it be used outside of 5-7 pm?

Also, can it be used in the MDR during this time?

Elite drinks between 5-7 only in any of the lounges, not MDR.  But unlike Diamond/+ vouchers you can drink as many as you can hold during 5-7 if you can find a waiter, barman to serve them to you..

Sorry slight hijack;

May I ask how does D+ on Royal translate to Celebrity? I was up super early to possibly book the Icon for June 2024 but she wasn't for me. Before anyone comes for me it's not the "family focus" that was the problem. It was just so much going on, so many colors, so many other passengers. Just way to much "stimulation?" for lack of a better description. I'm super happy for everyone of you all who are going to enjoy her, I know me and I would not. Such a personal thing, it's nice Royal really seemed to hit this one out of the park, kind of bringing the theme park frenzy to the ship. I also wasn't super excited about the ho hum Itineraries. I digress, seriously researching Celebrity now (no not Virgin, seems like an adult themed theme park) & am looking for insights for a family of 3. Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

Sorry slight hijack;

May I ask how does D+ on Royal translate to Celebrity? I was up super early to possibly book the Icon for June 2024 but she wasn't for me. Before anyone comes for me it's not the "family focus" that was the problem. It was just so much going on, so many colors, so many other passengers. Just way to much "stimulation?" for lack of a better description. I'm super happy for everyone of you all who are going to enjoy her, I know me and I would not. Such a personal thing, it's nice Royal really seemed to hit this one out of the park, kind of bringing the theme park frenzy to the ship. I also wasn't super excited about the ho hum Itineraries. I digress, seriously researching Celebrity now (no not Virgin, seems like an adult themed theme park) & am looking for insights for a family of 3. Thanks so much!

D, D+ and Pinnacle on Royal will all match to Elite on Celebrity (which roughly equivalent to Diamond on Royal, but with different benefits)

Also, Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith on Celebrity all match to Diamond on Royal.

@Neesa We booked our first Celebrity cruise last year after turning Diamond on Royal.  As I recall, Celebrity did the match without me even asking. Also, once you start getting the X emails, you will get a chance to add to your X points using their “Power Up Points.” It’s usually a webinar to watch or taking a survey or quiz about info they’ve sent out.  Fairly easy and I’ve added 10 or 15 points that way.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, SebagoSue said:

@Neesa We booked our first Celebrity cruise last year after turning Diamond on Royal.  As I recall, Celebrity did the match without me even asking. Also, once you start getting the X emails, you will get a chance to add to your X points using their “Power Up Points.” It’s usually a webinar to watch or taking a survey or quiz about info they’ve sent out.  Fairly easy and I’ve added 10 or 15 points that way.

Is there a website to check your celerity points/past sailings?

11 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Is there a website to check your celerity points/past sailings?

You just sign in on the Celebrity website and go to your profile.  If you don't have a Celebrity sign in, you'll need to create one and this can be done online.  If you have past cruises that aren't showing, you should call in to get those added to your point total.

• 3 months later...

Some of the Elite benefits seen are advance discounts to upgrade drinks & wifi, special tours, like backstage (which was really fun I have to admit) special debarkation area, discounts on wine bottles, red rose in our stateroom.  

One thing I noticed on X versus RC is the emphasis on status.  On X, no one cares.  I've yet to see a Zenith walking around wearing a name badge.  No one talks about it, compares, brags, etc on X.  The only people who bring it up are RC cruisers.  LOL  Status is a different vibe all together. 

Edited to add: the wine tasting.  One of the bottles they served us retails at home for $400.  If you can find it.  

29 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Some of the Elite benefits seen are advance discounts to upgrade drinks & wifi, special tours, like backstage (which was really fun I have to admit) special debarkation area, discounts on wine bottles, red rose in our stateroom.

One thing I noticed on X versus RC is the emphasis on status.  On X, no one cares.  I've yet to see a Zenith walking around wearing a name badge.  No one talks about it, compares, brags, etc on X.  The only people who bring it up are RC cruisers.  LOL  Status is a different vibe all together. 

I don't think I've seen a Zenith name badge.  Do they even have them?   I know there are no pins.