Premium Selection in MDR?

Kayla J

On my upcoming cruise on Oasis of the seas in 45 days the menu options in the MDR have a premium selection section with prices next to each one. I thought everything in the MDR was included in the cruise fair??

There are still more than enough free options though. Just wondering if I am missing something. 

FB490AEC-9A89-4831-AF0F-C89A2A8C5319.png

34 minutes ago, Kayla J said:

On my upcoming cruise on Oasis of the seas in 45 days the menu options in the MDR have a premium selection section with prices next to each one. I thought everything in the MDR was included in the cruise fair??

There are still more than enough free options though. Just wondering if I am missing something. 

FB490AEC-9A89-4831-AF0F-C89A2A8C5319.png

The ability to order filet mignon or lobster has been around for several years.  It is an alternative to going to a specialty restaurant.  The price has gradually increased.  I do recall on one cruise that the filet was discounted towards the end of the cruise to drum up business.  We have not tried this option ourselves.

The MDR as a venue is free.  There is no charge to book or eat in the MDR as a venue. 

The MDR does offer some optional premium items that come from the specialty restaurants onboard.  Since those menu items come from a paid specialty restaurant the items do have a charge associated with them.  

So while the MDR venue itself doesn't have a charge and the traditional MDR menu is complimentary they do offer the ability to purchase a handful of entrees from the specialty restaurant venues onboard and there is a charge for those specific items.