Cruising solo

I have for the last few years.  Its a bit awkward at times, but never been a moment when I would ever consider not cruising!  

I don't do the MDR any more, but after the first time I've never felt uncomfortable in specialty restaurants.    The shows are not an issue, nor has anything else been.  

My biggest struggle has always been in the Windjammer... I will want to go get another plate or get desert and my table will be gone!  I now try to ask a crewmember to "watch" my dirty dishes until i return!   ;)

No reason to be afraid!  Go for it!

I have cruised solo for the last five years and I love it. I do what I want, when I want.

Most of my meals are in the MDR. I ask for a table if 10 so I can meet new friends.

When passengers find out I am a solo cruiser I usually get one of two replies "Good for you, doing your retirement your way" or "Aren't you afraid to cruise by yourself?" I am on a ship with 4000 other passengers, what happens to me will happen to them.

My advice is always be aware of your surroundings when doing shore excursions or getting off the ship. Try to stay in a group.

Relax and enjoy, you will make new friends and have a ball.

Candie