Print documents or just use the app?

Bowen

9 minutes ago, Bowen said:

If I have the app downloaded and have all of our set sail passes on there, do I still need to print the documents?

THanks!

You don't but it can actually be faster at check in to have all of the printed documents in hand rather than having to swipe through your phone. Plus it means you have a back up if the technology decides to have a tantrum precisely when you need it to be on its best behaviour.

14 minutes ago, Bowen said:

If I have the app downloaded and have all of our set sail passes on there, do I still need to print the documents?

THanks!

Two cruises this summer and nope, no need for the printed set sail pass or any of that stuff. I used the app. and its super easy and quick. You just swipe from one pass to the other and they scan them. 10 seconds and done. 

We print them. Always found it easier to have set sail pass on paper tucked inside my passport.

If you only want to use your phone, screen shot your set sail pass so you don't have to worry about loading the app via cellular/wifi and whatnot, can just have the screen shot loaded. Can also add them to your Apple wallet if an iPhone user.

We are flying to our next cruise and prefer paper.  One never knows when a phone will be lost or stolen.  So having documents in to separate locations increases our odds of success.  Now my son flew to Copenhagen and insisted on using is phone for everything.  No issues for him.

I am also team paper. Took CruiseTipsTv's suggestion of a cruise binder last year and have not looked back. For the passes, I've found that it moves the line faster than flipping through the set sail passes on the phone and the staff there really seem to appreciate it. I'm sure it has to do with how large and easy to read/scan everything is.

It was even more handy with all of the extra documents we needed just a month ago (negative tests, vaccine cards).

I think even in the future, I'll still print them out to be safe - you never know what may happen on your app/phone that could get in the way of a smooth check in.

The app is a good way to go but have physical copies. The internet in the terminal can often be spotty. Lots of people had issues loading the passes up on their phone and it took longer to check in.

I personally just print my pass. I would rather drop a piece of paper than my phone. Embarkation day is stressful, lugging your carry-on and wines and such.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

With all the Covid documents that you needed to bring, I was always bringing a printed sail pass. Now that most if that is gone, I think either is fine.

Exactly.  It seemed easier to have it all printed with all those documents.  The staff loved it too!

ladt sailing they didn’t even scan my set sail pass  they looked it up on room number-go figure.

im loosening the reigns of my OCD and going with a screenshot of my set sail pass.  At least if the app is fugazy I have that  but apparently even that’s not needed!

On 9/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, KevinJ said:

Its really frustrating when you've been in line for 20 minutes, get to the check point and the family of six in from of you start searching through their bags looking for their documents. They should shuffle them to the side and continue processing the line.

^^^This^^^ Get your paper out and put it in a pocket or purse before you even get in line.  I live in a rural area and shop at a local grocery store that is small.  Hate to broad brush anyone, but the elderly women stand in line while their groceries are being scanned, then at the end start shuffling thru their purse looking for a checkbook.  UGGGHHHH!  Get things out prior to getting in line (or waiting for your groceries to be scanned).

• 4 months later...