Keeping track of charges

Kezolly

You can also stop by Guest Services and they will print out a statement for you to review. It's not a bad idea to check once or twice during your cruise, especially before the last day, to see if there's anything amiss. On the last day of the cruise, especially in the evening, the line for Guest Services can be quite long with people settling up accounts or making any corrections, etc. 

You can also stop by Guest Services and they will print out a statement for you to review. It's not a bad idea to check once or twice during your cruise, especially before the last day, to see if there's anything amiss. On the last day of the cruise, especially in the evening, the line for Guest Services can be quite long with people settling up accounts or making any corrections, etc. 

Amen to that! DO NOT wait until the last day or day before dealing with the guest services desk, unless you like waiting in a long line. And if you do, well, you must work for the DMV ( :D ). I strongly recommend using the tv in your room to "review your portfolio" on a daily basis later in the day/evening. If anything is questionable visit the guest services desk, just not the last or next to the last day.  

I have a habit of keeping my receipts just in case there is a mix up, a habit I can't shake thanks to the tax man. I check the TV every couple days just to make sure everything is as it should be, it always is. A couple of times I caught something minor I needed to correct but no big deal. I agree with rjac, no sence waiting until the last day, lineups will be insane.

I usually look at it through the interactive TV program every day or two.  Otherwise, you can go to Guest Services and ask for a printout.  Note, however, that some of the charges are cryptic.  For example, if you buy a beverage package onboard, it could be charged to some random bar.  The same applies to wine tastings and the like.  The amount will be correct, you just might not recognize the charge at first.

Guest toodle68

On our last cruise, the charges hit my credit card during the trip as pending.. then at the end, they were all removed and replaced with a final single charge.  Since I setup my credit card to email and text me every charge, I was able to see each item as it hit the credit card and verify them.

• 1 year later...

We kept a close eye on how much we were spending and tried to match them up with our statements. At the end of each day the money was disappearing, so we knew how much we had left to spend. However after returning home from the cruise over $5000.00 had been taken from our account. It doesn’t make any sense considering the final statement from RC said $2389.89 really frustrated. 

I didn't have any problems when me and my boyfriend went on a Rc cruise last year. We checked the tv fairly often. The only thing is with the drunk package the total was always zero. In Dec 2019 when we go on another Rc cruise imma ask for receipts for every drink? I want to see if the 850$ for drink packages for 2 is worth it? Or will it be annoying to get receipt every single time?

3 hours ago, APM said:

The Royal Caribbean app also keeps your online folio. Not all ships have the interactive folio tv channel.

I never did see it on the tv on Mariner (that doesn't mean it wasn't there, I'm notorious for looking directly at things and never actually SEEING them), but the app was always up to date and accurate (shocking, but true!)

5 hours ago, Amym said:

We kept a close eye on how much we were spending and tried to match them up with our statements. At the end of each day the money was disappearing, so we knew how much we had left to spend. However after returning home from the cruise over $5000.00 had been taken from our account. It doesn’t make any sense considering the final statement from RC said $2389.89 really frustrated. 

How long after returning from your cruise?  If you use a debit card, you will see daily temporary holds placed on the account for the day's charges.  Then at the end of the cruise, they'll submit the real bill (sum of all days).  However, the temporary holds won't fall off until a few days later.  How long will be based on your bank's policies.  If this is what has happened to you, it's not Royal Caribbean's fault and there is nothing you can do but wait.  This is the number one reason debit cards are not recommended for travel expenses...you temporarily need twice as much money.

This actually also happens with credit cards, but the holds don't actually take your money.