Help! On point just canceled

SFaz

11 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I just go to the walk-in 5 minutes from my house for cruise Covid tests, we are in and out in less than 30 minutes. I wouldn't bother with these observed at home tests but that's just me. 

If you still have a cheap/free one 5 minutes away, don't blame you!

Wow, glad I caught this? I was scheduled for a test with Onpoint Wednesday 7:00 AM. I just got off an online chat with them.

She checked my appointment and advised that the "room" where my test was schedule has been closed due to a decline in their business. She advised me to reschedule. I asked why I was not advised of this AND what I am I to do if on Wed. AM I discover that the new "room" I have been scheduled in is closed. She replied that when I reschedule, make sure that they have me in room #56 or higher. This suggests that if you schedule a test with them, they COULD put you in a room that is not even working now.

I asked her a second time what I am to do if between now and Wed. AM they decide to close the new room (with a number higher than 56) I am scheduled in. I explained that if I do not have a negative test result by about noon Wednesday I would need to cancel flights to Seattle and the cruise. She said they would refund my money! I explained that I am not worried about the cost of the test but rather the fact that I miss out on my cruise AND have the costs associated with canceling my trip. Her reply was that I should probably go to another provider and get a refund from Onpoint.

So, I just rescheduled with Rapid Test & Trace. Had a short chat with them and the difference between them and Onpoint was night and day.

BTW, when I was on the chat with Onpoint I called a customer service no. she had given me and you can guess the results. Only option was to leave a message. That would not have helped much if I had called that number Wednesday AM needing their help NOW.

As a backup to RT&T, I will be booking tests with a local walk-in medical type office that charges $20 per test. Will cancel that appt. if RT&T goes well.

17 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I just go to the walk-in 5 minutes from my house for cruise Covid tests, we are in and out in less than 30 minutes. I wouldn't bother with these observed at home tests but that's just me. 

We ended up doing ours thru the county for free. I was worried doing it this way initially because they say results would be in 1-3 days 😬 Thankfully we got our results early this morning and are now at the airport headed to Seattle to board the ship tomorrow 🤩Hopefully next cruise we take we will not need to test and be rid of one stress! 

3 hours ago, SFaz said:

We ended up doing ours thru the county for free. I was worried doing it this way initially because they say results would be in 1-3 days 😬 Thankfully we got our results early this morning and are now at the airport headed to Seattle to board the ship tomorrow 🤩Hopefully next cruise we take we will not need to test and be rid of one stress! 

Yeah, enough with the useless testing. I tested negative a million times before the cruise and for the first time in this miserable pandemic testing positive on the very day we got back from the cruise. No rhyme or reason if you get it.