Honeymoon Cruise Questions - Odyssey of The Seas - Apr 8 & 16, 2023

Emzee

Hi everyone,

My future husband and I booked back-to-back cruises in April for a 2-week honeymoon, so excited! It’ll be my first and his second time cruising so no idea what to expect.

My questions are:

1. What are ways to make a cruise extra romantic and special for this occasion? I’ve heard from friends around my age (late 20s) who’ve gone on cruises that most of the guests they saw were either older or families, and I would love to meet other couples if possible. I’m also concerned since we’re going around spring break time that the attractions are going to be crowded with more kids and not as enjoyable. 

2. Does RC have any “romance packages” like other cruise lines or a substitute? Couldn’t find one online.

3. Are they any attractions on Odyssey of the seas you’d especially recommend? We’re open to trying anything!

Thanks and happy cruising,

Emzee

First of all congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding.

I would let your state room attendant and dining room staff know that it is you honeymoon. While I wouldn't expect anything I think you will find they will try and make you cruise as special as possible. 
I would also consider booking a speciality restaurant one night (maybe formal night) and dress up to the nines. Again make sure to let them know you are celebrating your honeymoon etc.
There are a couple of gift packages you can add under the gifts section in the cruise planner. I brought the anniversary one for our anniversary cruise which was a nice surprise for my wife when we first arrived in our room

Meeting people isn't too hard on a cruise. Everyone is sharing the same experience so it is rather easy to strike up a conversation at a bar, i lines waiting for things etc etc. If you are happy to be seated with others the main dining room is also a good way to meet people.

Have an absolutely amazing cruise and again congratulations  

My wife and I were on Odyssey this past March. 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:19 AM, Emzee said:

3. Are they any attractions on Odyssey of the seas you’d especially recommend? We’re open to trying anything!

I-Fly sky diving simulator(since your taking the plunge) We are both 60 and did it Twice. North Star at sea is a great try once experience.

Bumper cars, Virtual Adventure zone and Sky pad(if vr goggles are working)

Wonderland is a unique dining experience.

Chef's Table is another wonderful dining experience. There will be a Maximum of 16 people at the sitting , usually less. Good opportunity to meet others.

With the wine pairings as part of the experience you will probably not see kids at this venue.

Congratulations

Thank you all for the great recommendations! I had to look up some of the things mentioned since I’m still a RC noob 😂

The Chef’s Table looks amazing, but unfortunately I’m allergic to 2 of the courses and my fiancé doesn’t drink. Do you know if they do substitutions?

23 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Congratulations!   

I agree with @Mike n Ky, definitely let the cruise team know it's your honeymoon and try to get on Love and Marriage show.

I think we will be on Odyssey the same time as you guys!

That’s awesome! Hope y’all enjoy and maybe you’ll see us on Love and Marriage 😁

15 hours ago, Emzee said:

Thank you all for the great recommendations! I had to look up some of the things mentioned since I’m still a RC noob 😂

The Chef’s Table looks amazing, but unfortunately I’m allergic to 2 of the courses and my fiancé doesn’t drink. Do you know if they do substitutions?

-Yes, on substations, I have a problem with scallops, so I got a thin sliced beef appy, also do not like coffee/expresso so I was able to get a plain chocolate martini.

You might want to look at doing the Royal Lunch which is served without wine, but if you want to pair it with wine you can for an extra fee.