Boarding time, do I need to arrive earlier?

Eddie Ireland

Hi All,

I'm travelling on OTS on Monday out of Civitavecchia Port. Boarding time is 12:30. I was planning on being parked up in the port at 11:30, giving me an hour to play with. 

Is there any reason I would need to be there earlier, like in airports for example they tell you to arrive 2 or 3 hours early for check in and all that. I've already checked in online and have my set sail pass.

No reason to get there any earlier. If you do, you may be hanging around outside the terminal as boarding might not have started. We had the 11.30 slot in May and that was the earliest. If you get there at that time, boarding should have started or be just about to and they may let you straight on. Have a great time! 😊

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We received an email yesterday regarding our boarding times for the Allure today.  The email states DoNot arrive earlier than your boarding time otherwise you will be turned away until your time arrives. We have 10:30am so it will be interesting to see if I notice anyone being told to wait.

This usually happens because the previous cruisers are expected to disembark later. I received the same notice for my recent Nav sailing. On the first they didn't get most of the guest off until close to 10am, the same for the second. Add to that the fact that the terminal is small. this would create a mess of people who clog up the lines and spread the staff thin.

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We received an email yesterday regarding our boarding times for the Allure today.  The email states DoNot arrive earlier than your boarding time otherwise you will be turned away until your time arrives. We have 10:30am so it will be interesting to see if I notice anyone being told to wait.

This is a standard e-mail sent in an attempt to prevent people from arriving much earlier than their assigned arrival time.

Some ports enforce arrival times, some ignore them and just let people through.

8 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

The email states DoNot arrive earlier than your boarding time otherwise you will be turned away until your time arrives. We have 10:30am so it will be interesting to see if I notice anyone being told to wait.

Currently on the Allure. Check in time was 11:00 A.M. They let us in the doors @ 10:30 - basically anyone who had boarding times from 11 - 12:30 were ushered in. Then security could not do anything until 11. On the ship by @ 11:10. Lunch at noon. Room ready @1 P.M.