Procedure for transfer to the port?

Joanne Watson

Anyone able to advise/clarify procedure for getting on transfer coach to the port. We have booked return transfers, but due to incoming flight being close to final pick up time have changed it to arrive the day earlier. We have booked a hotel to stay in overnight and will head back to the airport following morning ready for collection. I have contacted RC who have left me very confused! They do not provide transfers for flights arriving the day before, but I can keep my transfer as it was and PRETEND I am on the original flight. Having read that collection point is sometimes in luggage collection area I am now concerned I will not be able to get to the actual meeting point on the day! Any thoughts?

• Matt changed the title to Procedure for transfer to the port?
1 hour ago, Joanne Watson said:

Anyone able to advise/clarify procedure for getting on transfer coach to the port. We have booked return transfers, but due to incoming flight being close to final pick up time have changed it to arrive the day earlier. We have booked a hotel to stay in overnight and will head back to the airport following morning ready for collection. I have contacted RC who have left me very confused! They do not provide transfers for flights arriving the day before, but I can keep my transfer as it was and PRETEND I am on the original flight. Having read that collection point is sometimes in luggage collection area I am now concerned I will not be able to get to the actual meeting point on the day! Any thoughts?

Transfers would always be day of sailing.  You could take a taxi/Uber to the airport and just get dropped off at baggage claim.

It would probably be easier to just Taxi/Uber directly to the port.  You don't say which port so it would be hard to give more specific advice.

Thanks for the advice. We are flying into Venice Marco Polo airport and port is in Ravenna, so taxi/Uber would be financially unviable due to distance. Think we will go ahead and hope we can access meeting point. I know some airports have their baggage collection area as inaccessible after you have gone through departure. This is my main worry 😞