Is this a good deal 7day Medditeranean?

sentonia

Hi everyone! Its our first time planning a cruise and hoping to do a 7-night Medditeranean next July 2023.  Can you tell me if this is a good deal? Or should I wait and see what kind of offers are available around the holidays?

7night - Medditeranean (7/3- 7/10)

Guest 1 - $1291

Guest 2 - $1291

Guest 3 - $627

Taxes -  $313

30% off NRD  $-1170

TOTAL = $2352

Should I go ahead and make the $750 deposit or wait around some more for better offers.  Thank you all in advance.  

We are going to the Adriatic in Oct ‘23 for a very similar price….two of us in a aft balcony cabin.   We booked the morning the itinerary came out, and the price has only gone up since. 

If you’re not 100% certain, and you can afford it, you can pay the refundable deposit, that way you can get your money back if plans change. 

11 hours ago, sentonia said:

Hi everyone! Its our first time planning a cruise and hoping to do a 7-night Medditeranean next July 2023.  Can you tell me if this is a good deal? Or should I wait and see what kind of offers are available around the holidays?

7night - Medditeranean (7/3- 7/10)

Guest 1 - $1291

Guest 2 - $1291

Guest 3 - $627

Taxes -  $313

30% off NRD  $-1170

TOTAL = $2352

Should I go ahead and make the $750 deposit or wait around some more for better offers.  Thank you all in advance.  

As stated by other members, it depends upon the room type.  For an interior room, we try to stick to about $100 per person/night, $150 if balcony (before taxes).  But summer cruises in Europe are premium prices so a little more would be expected, even on a smaller ship.  (We are sailing Vision next month and pre-tax price was $180/night/person for a junior suite, booked over a year ago.)  And since you are less than a year out, I doubt the prices will get any better.  For NRD I would make sure I had travel insurance in place shortly after booking.  You can shop around for the carrier, but there is a time requirement if you want coverage for pre-existing conditions.

You may want to consider arriving a couple days early if you intend to fly to the embarkation port.  We always had a bit of a scramble cruising on the same day we arrived - airlines can't be trusted as much these days.

With taxes you are paying just under $800 per person for 7 nights, which seems like a fair price for an interior room and a great price for anything beyond that.

We had fun in Europe in the summer, but you'll want plenty of sunscreen and bottled water when the time comes!! Have a great trip....

Thank you to everyone for all of your input, they were very helpful and made the decision easy for me.  I went for it and booked it with a deposit. It might take a while to sink in that we're actually doing but I'm so excited.

@ChessE4 good point on the travel insurance, thank you. I'm going to start looking today.