Favorite treat on board?

Eyeonhevn

Besides the cookies (coconut? Oatmeal? Ranger cookie? What are they called?) my favorite treat was a breakfast item on Liberty of the Seas. It was a yeast roll but as you bite into it/ there is an apple jelly inside. I think we were told it’s a Swedish pastry. 

what about you? Any hidden gems you look forward to enjoying?

ME: Since you eliminated the cookies, I enjoy the raisin bread (toasted) for breakfast. Never even considered it until I saw it mentioned by a ton of people online. Crepe station in WJ with your choice of filling and whipped cream is one dessert that comes to mind. Desserts are actually my least favorite thing onboard... and this is coming from a guy who gains 10+ lbs. per 7 night cruise, lol, so I'm not complaining. I wind up trying a bunch of stuff and something is usually good though. And of course there are always the cookies.

WIFE: Mississippi Mudpie in the MDR if by far her favorite. We don't eat in the MDR much and last cruise on Indy in July, she went down there during late seating and asked if they could get her a couple slices to go. 5 mins later she walked out with a covered plate. Very accommodating as usual. She also loves the chocolate croissants served for breakfast (sometimes square but basically the same thing) when they have them.

P.S. True #1 answer for both of us is the funnel cake on Cococay.

I was always really excited to go to the MDR when they had Peach Shortcake...but sadly I guess they changed the recipe between my cruises cuz it went from a CAKE to a custard...and I don't like custards...

So second treat that I'm look forward to getting onboard is French Onion Soup. I'm pretty sure it's a tie between nostalgia and taste that makes me love it. I tried it for the first time ever on our first cruise ever and absolutely loved it. Had it almost every night then. Now, the cruise hasn't started until I get my first bowl.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Pineapple sorbet that Chops/Jamie's has on occasion and the fried cheesecake from 150CP.

All the rest of the sweets on Royal are really a miss. The mud pie from the dining room had decent filling but the crust was bad, the same for the lemon tarts and all cheesecakes. 

That fried cheesecake is very rich and decadent.  

I'm a Choc Chip Cookie person, through and through.  But all the deserts are really good. 

16 hours ago, Eyeonhevn said:

Its my favorite sandwich! I love eating at the Park Cafe! The salads there are great too!

Big fan of the breakfast sandwich there when made with a slightly runny egg. The Park Cafe McMuffin!

Great venue in general & one of the things I miss most when not sailing Oasis class.

LOVE this question!

.....on a RC cruise.....every refined sugar carb in sight....even the ones that taste bad, just so I    could say I     had one to my friends at the gym.

Don't judge me, but my initial list:

• The Bran muffins
  • Jamie's Italian Rolls
  • Jamie's Italian Charcuterie Board
  • Giovanni's Italian - Caprese Salad
  • Giovanni's Italian - Carbonara
  • Johnny Rockets - French Fries and a Milk Shake

.....havent' been to The Mason Jar yet.  Saw pics, read the menu.....convinced it will wreck me and would likely be a daily stop....for something....probably twice....Lactait Tablets required.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:19 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Big fan of the breakfast sandwich there when made with a slightly runny egg. The Park Cafe McMuffin!

Great venue in general & one of the things I miss most when not sailing Oasis class.

We are sailing on the Brilliance this coming spring. Not Oasis class but there is a park cafe. Wont they have the same menu? 😬 hoping so……! 

16 minutes ago, Eyeonhevn said:

We are sailing on the Brilliance this coming spring. Not Oasis class but there is a park cafe. Wont they have the same menu? 😬 hoping so……! 

I'm not sure; I'm a big ship kinda guy. I'm sure someone else can chime in. My guess would be it will have most of the menu, just maybe missing a couple items if it's a smaller venue or something.

The kummelweck was actually served in the WJ on Indy this summer since there's no Park Cafe so I'm sure that will be there.

There are WAYYTTOOOOO many treats to list...

One notable item we encountered was the Blue Cheese balls that were delivered as part of afternoon snack a few days last trip.  There was quite a variety on most days and some we could determine where they came from but my guess is these little whipped dollops of goodness were something that was on the apps in the suites lounge on certain days.