RCL Share Price (not stock advice)

3 hours ago, dmattinson said:

If you want to play with some shares, sell enough to get your original investment back and then let the rest ride.  Its essentially free money and you can weather many ups and downs without sweating it or watching it too much.

I do this a lot too.  Personally it really helps me psychologically.

3 hours ago, dmattinson said:

If you want to see if it goes up a little more, set a trailing stop loss sale trigger (I generally set them to about 10%).  This way, it rides the increases in the price of the share and sets new sale price every time it goes up.  If it loses 10% from the high price it sets, it triggers a sale.  Gives a little tolerance to let the declines happen and acts as a monitored sell trigger if it goes down too much at once.   Its nice if it has very little fluctuation and continues to go up...setting new stop loss trigger every time that happens.

This is also a good idea.  I use it from time to time as well to help psychologically.

2 hours ago, mac66 said:

RCI is still in massive debt but it seems like they're handling it okay. They are breaking sales records so far in 1st quarter 2023 and it's projects that through the rest of the year. They are still going forward with their Nassau Beach project, kind of CoCo Cay resort except in Nassau.

This is my view as well (hence why I will always be keeping a minimum of 100 shares for a long time), but only time will tell if was a good observation or a bad one.

2 hours ago, mac66 said:

Maybe at least wait until the first quarter earnings come out and see if that drives the stock up or down.

Be very careful playing the quarterly earnings game.  Sometimes blow out numbers lead to large drops or terrible numbers lead to large gains (seemingly without reason).  I've been burned way too many times in the past, and I still haven't fully learned my lesson...

2 hours ago, mac66 said:

I decided to hold for now.  If RCI stocks go back up over $70 I will probably sell. 

Then there's this

Royal Caribbean (RCL) Upgraded to Buy: Here's What You Should Know

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-rcl-upgraded-buy-160004360.html

Yeah, if you believe in cruising, then you expect earnings to rise. I do.

• 1 month later...

Closed at $75.61 on Friday. Didn't get around to selling but I'll be on the phone with my broker first thing Monday morning.

For what I paid for stock last August It would take me 42 7+ night cruises to recoup the difference. Not likely to ever sail that many times in the future particularly with the prices going up, up, up.

Man.  Painful conversation.  I put in a buy order for 1000+ shares at  $30.00 a while back as I felt it had to rise given the demand I had experienced first hand and believed in the cruise industry as a whole. It dropped to like $30.05 so never triggered and never has been that low again and clearly not even close now.  Should have just bought but wanted to get it 30 or under and thought it would come back and it kept rising and rising dammit 😉

Costly in hindsight.  The other lesson I also learnt is never try for round numbers. It will either not go there as is the case here or go way below.  

Congratulations to those that got in.   My CCL and NCL shares have done nothing like the RCL ones would have.  

5 hours ago, Meridian said:

The other lesson I also learnt is never try for round numbers. It will either not go there as is the case here or go way below. 

Very good lesson to learn.  One thing I'll sometimes do is use a random number generator to get the cents portion of the price so that I'm not stuck on a whole number (i.e. random number of 58 means my order would then be for $30.58 or $29.58 in your example)

On 3/9/2023 at 10:56 AM, billdauterive said:

I've stated my current positions before, but personally I'm looking at the $80s being my probable next level of some profit taking.  And if it crashes back into the $40s, you better believe I'm buying more (barring some new information).

Sticking to my guns...

RCL was up over $78 for a minute today. I sold at $77.36 so I made about $4400 today.  Rolled some of the profit over into buying Carnival and Norwegian stock. We'll see if they eventually make it up out of the basement.   Shouldn't take much to double my money on CCL stock. I originally bought at $7 and change. Bought another 100 shares today at $10 and change.

• 7 months later...

Yup.  I have 235 shares picked up over the depths of COVID and will hang on to 200 shares (sometimes depending on cost per day the DB and I book separate cabins if we're chasing points.... which at 200 shares means we both get the onboard credit in our cabins.  I will likely sell the 35 extra shares but the 200 are not going anywhere!

• 2 weeks later...