Outlet Plug help

Micheleyd

Could someone please help me with finding a cruise approved outlet for charging our devices?? I have read so many post on here but I am so confused as to what I actual need to buy. I was looking on Amazon.ca and reading reviews that some were not approved once they arrived on ship. Just want to avoid headaches! Thanks 

We just came back from the Adventure and used a really great charger/night light.  I Plugged usb charging cords into the unit and placed it in my carry on bag so if there were any questions I would be there to explain and show how it works.  It went through port security.  The unit worked very well and kept our devices charged while providing a great adjustable night light.  I purchased this unit at Amazon.

LENCENT USB Charger Plug, 4 USB International Travel Adapter Wall Charger with LED Touch Night Light, UK England/EU European/AUS/USA Adaptor Plug (Type A/C/E/F/G/H/J/K/L/N) $14.99.

We've taken this on four cruises with no problems.  It has two regular USB ports and two USB-C ports.

The power cord unplugs from the unit itself so we do that and pack it in one of our checked bags.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KFTFS3R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cruise approved is a nice marketing sticker but as far as I  know there isn't ACTUALLY one that is universally approved across all cruise lines.

That said, I just purchased this usb hub for charging items and it went through on our Allure trip with 0 problems: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LHGNRLT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

With 0 outlet ports, these are almost always cleared without conversation (from what I hear on here). And since almost all modern devices charge with a USB plug, you can grab this and charge nearly everything.

I stated in another post that I have a cord that is standard USB on one end and then a pig tail of 4 cords at the other end.  It has a micro-USB port for my Samsung Android phone, 2 fire wire ends for Mrs Fan's iPhone 13 Pro and a USB-C plug that will charge my headphones.  $14 bucks on Amazon and it is a 2-pack. 

You get a 4 to 1 charge setup.

AmazonSmile: Multi Charging Cable USAMS 2Pack 4FT 4 in 1 Nylon Braided Multiple USB Fast Charging Cord Adapter Type C Micro USB Port Connectors Compatible Cell Phones Tablets and More : Electronics

Add that to the plug that @dmattinson was talking about (or just use the usb port in the cabin) and Boom! you are done.

Amazon sells several versions so if you need say 2 micro-usb ports, just search for that one.image.thumb.png.2bfc1054f070166a6e8e2901aa97faa7.png

16 hours ago, Larry Muster said:

All the examples are good, but just a reminder that if you bring one with a EU adapter, you get a "free" outlet by using the EU plug and leaving all the other traditional plugs open.

Note that the EU adapter also needs a voltage regulator unless you are plugging in items that are rated up to 220/240V.  Plug in a standard device that is rated only for 110/120 and you will fry it.

Please note - most of the recommendations below include devices with an extension cord. Royal Caribbean explicitly prohibits extension cords.

image.png.fa254493db6d78aae4be5b24c6b82208.png

You can risk it and possibly get the device on... or, you might end up in an embarrassing altercation with ship security. 

But, there's no reason to risk it.

There are perfectly good options that are fully compliant.

We've taken this one on dozens of cruises. It worked perfectly!

image.thumb.png.a56017d00a14de6cca2cb81f9d66a26f.png

You can find this one here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Power-Strip-USB-Outlets/dp/B07BHVKPC3