Miami - Airbnb

KimV

• 2 months later...

For our February cruise, I decided to use ABnB and found a place on Ocean ave in South Beach.  It's rather small like a studio but since our flight gets in at 10am and it's within walking distance of plenty of things to do/see in SoBe and has a pool,...we're doing that this time.  I think our total was $245 which is about what I've found for hotels....and for Sobe, it's CHEAP!  I had reserved a room at South Beach Plaza Hotel for about the same amount but then reading more and more reviews of how noisy it was in the early morning hours...I cancelled it and went with the ABnB.  I think it will be a lot more private and quiet for the night before we embark.

On 9/15/2022 at 9:51 AM, KimV said:

Just wondering if anyone has used an Airbnb instead of booking a hotel for their overnight stay in Miami.  Can be a big savings, just wondering if anyone has done it.  Looks like most of near the cruise port are in high rise buildings.

Just did it this week https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/11/19/airbnb-vs-hotel-pros-cons

On 11/18/2022 at 1:38 PM, Mike T said:

For our February cruise, I decided to use ABnB and found a place on Ocean ave in South Beach.  It's rather small like a studio but since our flight gets in at 10am and it's within walking distance of plenty of things to do/see in SoBe and has a pool,...we're doing that this time.  I think our total was $245 which is about what I've found for hotels....and for Sobe, it's CHEAP!  I had reserved a room at South Beach Plaza Hotel for about the same amount but then reading more and more reviews of how noisy it was in the early morning hours...I cancelled it and went with the ABnB.  I think it will be a lot more private and quiet for the night before we embark.

We sail in March and I am finding "good" hotel rates to be $325+.  I booked the Hampton Brickell (we stayed there before and really enjoyed it) but the cost is $425.  Seems kinda high for a hotel.

7 hours ago, KimV said:

We sail in March and I am finding "good" hotel rates to be $325+.  I booked the Hampton Brickell (we stayed there before and really enjoyed it) but the cost is $425.  Seems kinda high for a hotel.

🤯  We just stayed there. It's a great hotel, but not $425 great. I was driving and navigating that area and dealing with their tight little parking garage was too much for me.  If I was flying in and able to manage my own bags, it's nice that it's walkable from the light rail that services the airport.

I guess March being the start of Spring Break and preying on the cruise schedule it's $$$.  Personally I'd rather pay way less for a hotel and spend more on an Uber/Lyft to the port. 

It really depends on what you need in a hotel. You can find similar 2.5-3 star hotels with free breakfast and the same accommodations further with better prices.  Mind you, I usually am driving in so I have a vehicle so I don't feel trapped being in a location that doesn't immediately have tons walkable.

21 hours ago, KimV said:

That seems to be about the norm for our sailing time (Feb 24th hotel stay). I was hard pressed to find anything in what I am willing to pay for a single night, which is about $250 max.  We have done early October and late January cruises in the past and had luck with a couple of the hotels out near airport but there's just not much out that way in terms of food.  We got in later in the evening so it wasn't as big of a deal as we just shuttled to hotel and ordered pizza and went to bed.  With our flight getting in at like 10a, this time, we'll have a whole day to burn so I wanted to be closer to things to do/see without having to Uber everywhere.