Antigen and PCR tests for Anthem of the seas cruise 05.10.22

PeteD

Hello

just though i would start a conversation for a whom are embarking on Anthem of the Seas sailing from Portsmouth 05.10.22

firstly the advice on the Royal Caribbean website reference Covid vaccinations and PCR and antigen test is somewhat confusing

I have contacted Royal Caribbean twice today to confirm the requirements for covid testing and vaccinations for adults embarking on this 12 night cruise

we understood from the website that we had to have a clear PCR test no greater than 72 hours before embarking or antigen test no more than 24 hours.

the misleading part we have found was that the Antigen test can be conducted at home without supervision. to clarify what this meant i contacted the helpline and was told that this can mean a home test kit Ie a lateral flow test, can be taken on the morning of the cruise for example and brought with you to the port. 

5 hours ago, PeteD said:

Hello

just though i would start a conversation for a whom are embarking on Anthem of the Seas sailing from Portsmouth 05.10.22

firstly the advice on the Royal Caribbean website reference Covid vaccinations and PCR and antigen test is somewhat confusing

I have contacted Royal Caribbean twice today to confirm the requirements for covid testing and vaccinations for adults embarking on this 12 night cruise

we understood from the website that we had to have a clear PCR test no greater than 72 hours before embarking or antigen test no more than 24 hours.

the misleading part we have found was that the Antigen test can be conducted at home without supervision. to clarify what this meant i contacted the helpline and was told that this can mean a home test kit Ie a lateral flow test, can be taken on the morning of the cruise for example and brought with you to the port. 

Welcome to the boards! I see your itinerary does not include Greece, so is everyone up to date with their vaccines? If so, since it is a 12 night cruise everyone will need either a PCR or antigen test 3 days prior, either supervised or not your choice.

If you are not vaccinated or not up to date, then the 72/24 hour comment you made above applied.

Regardless, testing does not need to be proctored.

Enjoy your cruise!

21 hours ago, PeteD said:

Hello

The ship is Departing from Southampton, not Portsmouth, make sure you have the correct arrangements made.

• 2 weeks later...