New Bermuda news

I know Celebrity and one other cruise line are not doing stops in Bermuda on the way to Europe. My belief is that Bermuda will adjust to the "norm" fairly soon. Seems to be pretty easy now:

"effective Aug. 22, 2022.

Previously, unvaccinated travelers 12 and older were required to apply for a medical vaccination exemption in order to visit Bermuda no less than 10 days before arrival.

Now, unvaccinated visitors are required to take a COVID test no more than two days before arriving in Bermuda and retest four days later. They can also opt to take a COVID test at the airport upon arrival.

Travelers will be required to test again on day four, but there is no quarantine or 10-day test."

28 minutes ago, D Alt said:

this is for Celebrity and Norwegian, not RC

OP did not specify RC, was just hearing rumors and is speculating. Everything I've heard and read relates only to Celebrate and Norwegian on 

the specified type of itinerary. I have not seen any direct to Bermuda cruises for any line canceled as of yet. Hoping it continues the way.

This is from https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-news-today-september-16-2022-video/

Multiple Cruise Lines Cancel Bermuda Calls

And another story showing the greed of the pandemic.

Celebrity Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Line have canceled multiple visits to Bermuda over the island’s continued COVID-19 testing policy.

The Bermuda government introduced the Travel Authorisation Form in July 2020, which requires that all visitors take a test just before arriving and pay a $40 health passport fee.

Initially, the government claimed that the health passports were done to protect the island’s residents from the virus. But a government senator has revealed that the real reason Bermuda won’t drop the policy is because it has become an essential revenue stream, with an expected income of $22 million in Travel Authorisation Form fees this year.

26 minutes ago, michaelp1446 said:

OP did not specify RC, was just hearing rumors and is speculating. Everything I've heard and read relates only to Celebrate and Norwegian on 

the specified type of itinerary. I have not seen any direct to Bermuda cruises for any line canceled as of yet. Hoping it continues the way.

yes exactly why i was directing that question to the OP. 🙄

I am fully vaccinated and very much in favor of policies to prevent the spread of COVID. But I'm going on a Bermuda cruise (pending the hurricane) this Saturday and this testing thing is a huge pain in the ass. Not so much because it's that difficult (we've all been doing it for two years now) but because it just seems excessive given what every other port and country is doing at this point. It's such a freaking stress attack to test your entire family 2 days before you leave knowing if one of you is positive the trip is off. 

NCL is only cancelling Bermuda stops for westbound transatlantic cruises. This to avoid having to retest everyone on board. Eastbound transatlantics are still stopping there since it's the first stop and you don't have to retest. All other Bermuda itineraries are still on as far as I can see.