La Spezia Port Excursions offered thru Royal Caribbean

Victoria L.

4 hours ago, Victoria L. said:

Hello everyone. We are sailing next week around the Mediterranean.  Does anyone have any recommendations on the excursions offered through RC' Plan My Cruise' in La Spezia? Thinking of doing the Pisa City Sights. Has anyone done it? Was it worth it? Is there enough time to go up the Tower? Thank you.

We did Pisa in 2011 and found it under-whelming.  Therefore, I'd suggest Florence.  However, I did enjoy seeing the Leaning Tower as I had grown up reading all about it.  It's a matter of what you are looking for.  Italy is beautiful, and we are headed back there next month.  Have a great cruise!

I would definitely visit Florence over Pisa! Florence is one of Italy's best, most historic cities and the Duomo is one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen. The river running through Florence is gorgeous as well with all of the bridges, AND the food is to die for. 😀

Pisa, on the other hand, has nothing to do except look at the Leaning Tower and it is a total tourist trap! Not saying the tower isn't cool, but like ChessE4 said above, a lot of people who visit are underwhelmed by the town. Definitely pick Florence instead!!

Pisa is fine, if never seen. But besides the tower there isn't much. As a city, Florence is the better choice. Lots of sights, good food. 

But I would - if you've never been - choose the Cinqueterre villages. Even though not big, they are unbelievably beautiful with stunning locations. Great fish and seafood as well. And part of the UNESCO world heritage. For good reason.

We liked Vernazza and Manarola the most.