Early Check In

Eastpix

Our check in is at 11am and I know for a fact that the luggages don't get to the cabin until 1pm. Are the seapass cards gonna be available for us to get and where do we get it from if the cabin isn't ready? Last time we went on Symphony, our cabin was ready at 1:30pm so we had access to our seapass cards that were placed on the bed.

21 minutes ago, Eastpix said:

Our check in is at 11am and I know for a fact that the luggages don't get to the cabin until 1pm. Are the seapass cards gonna be available for us to get and where do we get it from if the cabin isn't ready? Last time we went on Symphony, our cabin was ready at 1:30pm so we had access to our seapass cards that were placed on the bed.

Seapass cards have been tucked into the door-this has been the procedure since  the restart last August-at least on the different cruises I've taken with Royal..  The earliest access you might get to your cabin is 1 PM, the latest might be 2pm.  Luggage starts to get loaded into the hallways about 1 PM  and on (sometimes not until after 5PM)....if the luggage is not outside your door feel free to walk down the hallway, it could be that the attendant has not yet had the chance to bring the luggage to outside your door.  

23 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Any idea why they no longer just give the cards at check in? I understand they don't want people going to thier cabins before they are ready but they used to just have the hallway doors locked so you couldn't get to your cabin.

I second that it probably makes things easier for the check-in staff. I don't know/ remember if they were printed at the check-in desk or if they were already printed and then pulled by name, but either way there would be several minutes there getting all that sorted.

28 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I second that it probably makes things easier for the check-in staff. I don't know/ remember if they were printed at the check-in desk or if they were already printed and then pulled by name, but either way there would be several minutes there getting all that sorted.

I remember the days of showing up and showed them the paper reservations, they looked you up in a computer terminal (not a PC, but a terminal), captured your passport and scanned it, set-up your credit card payment/pre-authorization (or took and held cash if you didn't have a card) and then had to look for your room cards that were preprinted.  Then it was "go wait in xyz section and someone will come grab your boarding group".  You could wait minutes or hours.  

I much rather have the efficiency of connected tablets and having to wait 2-3 hours or so to get my cards than the old way.

13 minutes ago, dmattinson said:

I remember the days of showing up and showed them the paper reservations, they looked you up in a computer terminal (not a PC, but a terminal), captured your passport and scanned it, set-up your credit card payment/pre-authorization (or took and held cash if you didn't have a card) and then had to look for your room cards that were preprinted.  Then it was "go wait in xyz section and someone will come grab your boarding group".  You could wait minutes or hours.  

I much rather have the efficiency of connected tablets and having to wait 2-3 hours or so to get my cards than the old way.

I vaguely recall much of that on our first cruise in 2015 but fortunately we 1 - were in a suite so no waiting and 2- were maybe 40 minutes before boarding ended so no real crowds anyway 🙃 But I do remember panicking as they did all the scanning and adding the cards and explaining, and the questionnaire and the pictures..... I LIVE for the speedy check-in now.

2 hours ago, dmattinson said:

I remember that well. And the travel agent would send you paper forms to fill in with all your details as opposed to the online ones we do now. And then there would be an issue at the check-in desk because whoever had input the details from the handwritten forms into the system had copied a letter wrong in one of the names and the check-in clerk's system would go ballistic with flashing warnings that the names didn't match and a supervisor would have to be called to override the system! Ah, the good old days! 🤣

On 9/13/2022 at 8:35 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

You can use  your set sail pass (that you used to check in) for anything on the ship before getting your SeaPass card.  They will be on your stateroom door, so you won't have them until cabins are ready.

THANK YOU! This is our 3rd cruise since the restart and now I don't have to listen to my husband complain he can't get his vacation started without a drink. 

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Didn’t you wonder how everyone else packing the bar were getting theirs??

I did but it didn't bother me. apparently it didn't bother him enough to go ask. I checked us in yesterday for our next cruise and he wanted a 1:00 check in so the room would be ready. I picked 10:30 because, for me, vacation starts the minute I step on the boat!