All these shortcut words

Pat and Bob

1 hour ago, Pat and Bob said:

First timer, Aug. 2023 on Independence of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. I have seen MDR and figured out it is Main Dining Room. Also have seen Amped ship. ??? What is that? Any others I should know?

An Amped ship is a ship that Royal refitted to include more of the modern amenities. For example, Oasis of the Seas was Amped to include things like the Bionic Bar and Ultimate Abyss dry slide which debuted after the Oasis was originally launched.  Amping a ship allows it to feel newer without Royal having to build a whole new ship and it keeps people interested in sailing them. Plus, on a money-making side, Royal can justify charging more for these amped older ships because they have so much to make them "new".

Other things you might have seen floating around:

UDP = Unlimited Dining Package

DBP = Deluxe Beverage Package

GS = Grand Suite

OS = Owner's Suite

AS = Aquatheater Suite

....I know I'm forgetting some.....but most of these are just shorthand jargon to avoid typing a bunch and you don't really need to know them beyond these forums.

Let's not forget:

GTY = Guarantee stateroom

JR's = Johnny Rocket's

CP = Cafe Promenade (although, admittedly, this can also mean Cruise 💩 - if you cruised before, you KNOW what I'm talking about 😉)

And I've always assumed DW and DH mean Darling(or Dear) wife and Darling(or Dear) Husband. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, Ramja said:

Let's not forget:

GTY = Guarantee stateroom

JR's = Johnny Rocket's

CP = Cafe Promenade (although, admittedly, this can also mean Cruise 💩 - if you cruised before, you KNOW what I'm talking about 😉)

And I've always assumed DW and DH mean Darling(or Dear) wife and Darling(or Dear) Husband. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have never used CP for any Cafe only Cruise Planner......I've yet to see it used for Cafe promenade.