Shows & Planning--- need help

beccaball

I am trying to help my parents in advance,.... they board on Sat 09/17 on Allure for 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise. I normally (precovid) booked all their shows and reservations prior to them boarding. They are nervous about not doing it right on the app once they board. They aren't the greatest with technology..... is there a Showtimes at a glance pic from the same cruise with the same ports/stops that I can show them as an example so they can try to map it out.... Obviously the showtimes could change, but something tangible they could have in their hands as a reference? 

Day1: FLL, Day2:Sea, Day3:Labadee, Day4:Sea, Day5:Aruba, Day6:Curacao, Day7: Sea, Day8:Sea, Day9: FLL 

I would great appreciate it!

Go to the Cruise Compass link above. I sent in my 8 night cruise Compass and it's posted there from my Allure sailing. It will give you an idea of what to expect. Things change of course but I think it's a great starting point. Good Luck, I still have my teen help me with the app. I dislike the angst it causes having to make reservations for the shows even though I understand it. They will have a great time. 

Great advice from @Neesa. If they are truly technology challenged have them map out their requests on paper. Upon embarkation there should be  someone stationed 

(usually one of the Lounges) that can assist in making the reservations for them. I don't believe they have brought back making advanced show reservations online yet.

One caveat... If they are staying in a G.S. or higher, the Suite Concierge should reach out a week before by email and can assist with advanced reservations. They may not be able to make show reservations but should have a more updated schedule.  YMMV

Also, please tell them not to worry - they don't HAVE to do it by themselves. When they get on the ship there will be crew members that can direct them to wherever entertainment bookings are being done. There's a box office, but on embarkation day there is also usually a spot where they're doing bookings such as Bolero's or the Bionic bar. I hope they have a great cruise!

22 minutes ago, Neesa said:

See I'm tech challenged myself but maybe one can have directions and the other can do it. Click here, then here, then go to show times etc. But I agree, they can get someone to help, but I understand feeling like your in control of your experience as well. 

Screenshot_20220913-094216_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20220913-094226_Royal.jpg

Yes I know how to find all of this and showed them..... I was just hoping to have a paper copy of the previous shows as a guide/example...... Thank you for the pictures 

42 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Go to the Cruise Compass link above. I sent in my 8 night cruise Compass and it's posted there from my Allure sailing. It will give you an idea of what to expect. Things change of course but I think it's a great starting point. Good Luck, I still have my teen help me with the app. I dislike the angst it causes having to make reservations for the shows even though I understand it. They will have a great time. 

I am not seeing the cruise compass link above..... Im sorry,.... where is that at? Something you posted or RC Blog?

9 minutes ago, beccaball said:

Yes I know how to find all of this and showed them..... I was just hoping to have a paper copy of the previous shows as a guide/example...... Thank you for the pictures 

Oh I'm sorry, I meant maybe they would feel more comfortable with a homemade by you step by step guide, this is how I did it my first time. Even though I was showed how to do it  I was so excited I forgot everything, I looked at my own pre prepared directions and got it done in the terminal. Lol! I'm sure I was a site! Teenager couldn't run away fast enough.  Now she just does it for me. 

9 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Oh I'm sorry, I meant maybe they would feel more comfortable with a homemade by you step by step guide, this is how I did it my first time. Even though I was showed how to do it  I was so excited I forgot everything, I looked at my own pre prepared directions and got it done in the terminal. Lol! I'm sure I was a site! Teenager couldn't run away fast enough.  Now she just does it for me. 

No thank you.... this was a smart way of doing it.... I'm typing them a to do list once they checkin.... to help guide them

Thank you for all the help

Making a paper list of shows and times from previous cruises is a great idea.

There is someone available to help with app questions during the cruise. On both Ovation and Freedom this year, there was a kiosk set up with scheduled hours. The time was fairly long on embarkation day and reduced as the cruise went on.

If the tech helper isn't available, Guest Services can assist with most app-related questions as well. Your parents just need to not be afraid to ask for help.

On  our Oasis cruise we booked the Aqua show for when we were still in port at Canaveral. I think this was the only one where they performed the whole show. All the others were either canceled or had pieces cut for various reasons. It was really cool watching the high wire walk with a lightning storm off in the distance. During the behind the scenes with the entertainment staff they were asked about lightning. We were told they would cancel if it was within six miles.