GTY booking showing room assignment when?

Brandis

Our cruise is 44 days away and I was able to do Online Check in yesterday. We have a Outside GTY cabin booked and the boarding pass still shows "Deck: Reprint" and "Stateroom: GTY", however the Muster station is already assigned, as D02, which is Studio B, I belief.

If my room hasn't been assigned yet, how can they already know the muster station?

How far out are the GTY cabins usually assigned. Will the boarding pass update automatically or will I need to refresh it?

28 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Usually it means they have assigned it.  If your SeaPass with the bar code is available, if you scan it with a barcode reader or add it to Apple Wallet it may give you room number.

This. Although the official assignment might not be for a while. Your documents will update on their own when the assignment is official.

Of course, I checked in for my GTY on Indy 3 days ago and some glitch in the amazing RC IT system won't allow me to see my sea pass to use the bar code trick. 🙄

(It's not just me of course, others on my sailing are having the same issue. I only care b/c I want to see my assignment.)

We are cruising with a group of 5 families(6 staterooms) on July 29, 2023.  We all booked inside GTY about 4 weeks ago and we are all linked.  We already have room assignments.  Surprised me but maybe it has to do with being linked and their attempt to keep linked rooms near each other. This wasn't requested but thinking they try to keep linked rooms as close as possible?  Not sure 

2 hours ago, Hutcherl said:

We are cruising with a group of 5 families(6 staterooms) on July 29, 2023.  We all booked inside GTY about 4 weeks ago and we are all linked.  We already have room assignments.  Surprised me but maybe it has to do with being linked and their attempt to keep linked rooms near each other. This wasn't requested but thinking they try to keep linked rooms as close as possible?  Not sure 

That's the farthest out I've ever seen reported. Glad it worked out for you as it was very possible you could have been scattered all over the ship.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's the farthest out I've ever seen reported. Glad it worked out for you as it was very possible you could have been scattered all over the ship.

Last cruise we didn't get our room assignment until a week before sailing.  
I had no idea that they assigned the room for our next cruise.  A friend who was the last to book told me that she got a room very nears ours.  I said I don't have a room assignment.  She said yes you do and to check reservation.