Vaccination (COVID) Docs

cdkeach

Hi all,

Hoping for some guidance from recent Royal Caribbean cruisers as my wife and I will sail on Explorer of the Seas this Saturday. 

My understanding is that Covid vaccinations are no longer required, nor are negative COVID tests for cruises 9 days and under.

I keep seeing pop-ups online and notes in various places (including the sailing checklist recently received) reminding us to upload our vaccination documents.

We’re both vaxxed so no problem uploading but I can’t find anywhere to do so.

I know protocols have changed quickly but it’s concerning to continue to be reminded to upload docs when I can’t find a place to do so and don’t believe it is still necessary.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

You do not need to be tested only if you are vaccinated.  They will need to verify that you are vaccinated.  It is not required to be vaccinated, but if you are not, you must test.

The policy is as follows:

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM U.S. HOME PORTS INCLUDING SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

If your cruise visits Bermuda or Canada, test protocols for your cruise are in the next section. 

Guests 5 years of age and older who are not fully vaccinated must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day, regardless of the duration of their cruise.

Fully vaccinated guests 5 years of age and older must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 10 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries. 

Guests younger than 5 do not have any testing requirements.

Required testing for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen test. It can be professionally proctored by a healthcare professional, such as your doctor or pharmacist, or you can use a home test kit. Home test kits are not required to be conducted under live video supervision. 

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense. 

Best to check the RC site using the link at the top for the most up to date guidance. If in the combo of vaccinated and less nights (or no itinerary stop at location requiring test), you just have to self-attest during health questions and at the terminal. 

Along with that, because it's an ever-changing situation recently messaging from RC can be contradictory to what posted official guidance is. For example, before my cruise last month I was reminded to upload a copy of my vaccination, but they removed that requirement just before I checked in and there was nowhere to upload it. Had no issues with check in or boarding. Additionally, my next sailing is 60 days out, and get push notifications every other day reminding me to put my SeaPass payment method into my account - but check-in has not opened up yet to be able to even attempt this.

In summary - if you meet the requirements but there's no place to upload to show you meet them there's nothing more you need to do at the moment.

47 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They took out the ability to upload your vaccination document into the app but they failed to remove all the reminders everywhere that tell you to do so. Just bring your proof with you to the port and you will be good to go.

Yes IT is not caught up yet.

Boarded Saturday in Miami, did not ask for proof of vaccination (of course we had our cards just in case)

Health question are now only 3 and can be done many days before embarkation, actually at check in now I believe. Answers are Yes/No.

Are you vaccinated.

Have you had your booster.

Are you more than 26 weeks pregnant. 

I would follow the guidelines plus. When we got on Liberty on 9/4 it was still being mandated for the vax & negative...they didn't look at the vax only the negative test. New rules say vax and no test needed...yet...

Also, the health check-in on the app did not work at all...when we got to the check-in they were aware of the app glitch and they asked only 3 questions. Vax, booster and exposure to someone with Covid...but when my wife offered to show the vax card he declined.

2 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Boarded Saturday in Miami, did not ask for proof of vaccination (of course we had our cards just in case)

1 hour ago, Mike n Ky said:

I would follow the guidelines plus. When we got on Liberty on 9/4 it was still being mandated for the vax & negative...they didn't look at the vax only the negative test. New rules say vax and no test needed...yet...

Also, the health check-in on the app did not work at all...when we got to the check-in they were aware of the app glitch and they asked only 3 questions. Vax, booster and exposure to someone with Covid...but when my wife offered to show the vax card he declined.

Brought my card (and proctored test results from the day prior just in case even though short enough before the recent extension to not be required - there were a few rumored cases at work the couple weeks prior and wanted to make sure to cover my bases). Didn't need either of them when I got to the terminal - was asked about being vaccinated (including if 14+ days prior and booster) and started to pull out my card to be told "don't worry I don't need to see that".

I'd still bring the documentation to be sure, but RC doesn't seem to want to see it unless visiting a destination that requires it.

10 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Yes IT is not caught up yet.

Health question are now only 3 and can be done many days before embarkation, actually at check in now I believe. Answers are Yes/No.

Are you vaccinated.

Have you had your booster.

Are you more than 26 weeks pregnant. 

Yes, we checked in online yesterday and these 3 questions were it for now.  No opportunity to load cards.

My cruise ends in Canada. ArriveCAN states that you no longer need a pre-cruise covid test to enter.  RC website is still saying you need a pre-cruise negative COVID test to board.  The recent news articles suggest you don't need a test for cruises less than 9 nights.  I'm confused if I need a test or not.  Anyone know for sure?

On 9/12/2022 at 6:36 PM, AshleyDillo said:

They took out the ability to upload your vaccination document into the app but they failed to remove all the reminders everywhere that tell you to do so. Just bring your proof with you to the port and you will be good to go.

I went out to the app looking for where I needed to upload a picture of our cards and as stated, nowhere to be found.  We are going to NE/Canada in October so we will need our cards in hand and do a proctored test.  We are flying into Boston the Saturday before the Sunday cruise.  I will probably take the proctored test at home on Friday. If Mrs Fan or I test positive, then I can start cancelling things prior to boarding the flight (Southwest) and checking into the Hotel (Westin Boston Seaport with points). 

If we should test positive, I can get credit for the flight and points back from Bonvoy. If we contact RCL, will they give FCC at such a late date? We do have travel insurance too.