CAS balcony/suite discount

Baked Alaska

Hello everyone!

I've been lying low for a while and am glad to be back in the cruise world! We just returned from a ten-day land vacation on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. We had a cabin directly on the Kenai river in Cooper Landing and fly fished the salmon run (sockeye) and trout on the Kenai, Kasilof, and Russian rivers, hiked Exit glacier, and zip-lined. We will go back next summer, too. We wouldn't have made this vacation without taking our Alaska Cruise in the summer of 2019. This is why we cruise!

After reading Matt's article https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/09/08/the-crown-and-anchor-perks-you-should-use-every-royal-caribbean-cruise, I took a look at our next three sailings. None of them have the discount listed, or at least I don't see a discount for the dollar amount given in the article. I'm assuming the discount is offered per stateroom and not per person. Can anyone help me with this information?

17 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hello everyone!

I've been lying low for a while and am glad to be back in the cruise world! We just returned from a ten-day land vacation on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. We had a cabin directly on the Kenai river in Cooper Landing and fly fished the salmon run (sockeye) and trout on the Kenai, Kasilof, and Russian rivers, hiked Exit glacier, and zip-lined. We will go back next summer, too. We wouldn't have made this vacation without taking our Alaska Cruise in the summer of 2019. This is why we cruise!

After reading Matt's article https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/09/08/the-crown-and-anchor-perks-you-should-use-every-royal-caribbean-cruise, I took a look at our next three sailings. None of them have the discount listed, or at least I don't see a discount for the dollar amount given in the article. I'm assuming the discount is offered per stateroom and not per person. Can anyone help me with this information?

do a mock booking and you will see the discount, if applied, to the price of the list of discounts before the final price.  It's on almost the last page of the mock booking, just before yo enter your name.

There are 2 reasons why you may not see the discount:

1 - I have heard that if Royal is offering a better deal they won't apply the C&A because it could void the larger discount.

2 - if you/your TA didn't apply your c&a number at booking time.

Otherwise, it's possible that once the cruise is booked, all of the cost details are hidden and you may be able to get a breakdown invoice by calling Royal or asking your TA.

24 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

There are 2 reasons why you may not see the discount:

1 - I have heard that if Royal is offering a better deal they won't apply the C&A because it could void the larger discount.

2 - if you/your TA didn't apply your c&a number at booking time.

Otherwise, it's possible that once the cruise is booked, all of the cost details are hidden and you may be able to get a breakdown invoice by calling Royal or asking your TA.

Her TA put in the C&A number 🙂

20 hours ago, Sharla said:

Her TA put in the C&A number 🙂

19 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

And might I add, a very thorough TA, too!! Sharla is THE BEST!! 

Sounds like you're in the best hands! I haven't had the pleasure of working with Sharla but her presence on here is always super helpful and on top of things so I'm certain you're getting the best of the best in your discounts.

16 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hello everyone!

Welcome back @Baked Alaska. We did a land tour last year in August 2021 because we fell in love with Alaska on our 2019 Alaskan cruise! It felt like we were young college students again just on a much better budget. We took just one large hiker backpack each and traveled as much as we could in the 9 days we had by train or bus. My husband is the fly fisherman and he squeezed some of that in also in the Talkeetna area on a guided float trip, where I learned to fly fish also!! After Denali and Talkeetna we headed South to Kenai Fjords and loved it there also. We did not get over to the Peninsula and Homer area which we hope to get back to. 

That’s a beautiful part of the world. 

Back in August 1994 we spent a week in the Cooper Landing area. We fished the Kenai and Russian Rivers as well.  It was definitely one of the highlights of my travels. 

I’ve wanted to go back, but a part of me wants to keep the memories as I remember them.