Miami Weather

jaedam0820

24 minutes ago, jaedam0820 said:

With this weather in Miami, would we ever enjoy the sun? Also, would there be a sail away party in Freedom on Friday if it rains? I am really sad about the weather not being sunny. 😞

image.png.79c7ae879bae1ea034f76e17ea40d4b6.png

One thing I’ve learned after my 45 years in South Florida is to NEVER trust the weather forecast. Even if it “rains” it’s not the same kind of rain systems you see in the mid west or other parts of the country where its just sheet rains all day long. Most of the time the sun is out 15 minutes later. Yes, the freedom will have a sail away party and do not base your decisions off of the forecast.  

50 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

One thing I’ve learned after my 45 years in South Florida is to NEVER trust the weather forecast. Even if it “rains” it’s not the same kind of rain systems you see in the mid west or other parts of the country where its just sheet rains all day long. Most of the time the sun is out 15 minutes later. Yes, the freedom will have a sail away party and do not base your decisions off of the forecast.  

This. Same thing here in Orlando.

Ignore the forecast unless there's a hurricane coming. There's a roughly 50-80% chance of rain pretty much every afternoon for months in Florida. It will likely rain somewhere for some amount of time at some level of intensity... but there's no way to forecast what will happen exactly when or where. My wife works 5 miles from our house and often texts me that it's pouring there while it's sunny here.

I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I grew up in South Florida.

South Florida (for the most part) does not get the storm fronts that bring days of rain that you get in most of the country. They just don't make it that far south.  Rain comes and goes very quickly from passing clouds. It could be pouring down one minute and then sunny and hot the next. It is rare to get a heavy shower longer than 20 minutes at a time. The exception is hurricanes, or tropical storms.  Even with hurricanes, storm bands pass overhead, it rains like crazy, then no rain until the next band passes over.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:19 PM, jaedam0820 said:

Thank you for the reassurance. I just want us to have a good time. My family aren't first timers but my Mother-in-law is and I would like for her to have the best time off and on board. Excited to cruise this Friday!

Best chance for this is to keep expectations low!  Some of our worst trips have been the ones I try too hard to make perfect.  

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

Best chance for this is to keep expectations low!  Some of our worst trips have been the ones I try too hard to make perfect.  

I second this. There are tons of things you won't have control over. If you go in trying to make this a certain way. You will fail. Let things unfold as they will. Just have a great time.